Advanced In-Space Propulsion Solutions
Company & Mission:
Headquartered in Durango, CO, AGILE Space Industries designs, builds, and tests in-space propulsion systems for satellites and spacecraft. AGILE uses state of the art 3D metal alloy printing techniques to rapidly design, manufacture, and test new engine designs in our purpose-built propulsion test facility. With over a decade of experience testing rocket engines, and engineers who have worked at industry leaders like Blue Origin, SpaceX, NASA, and Rocketdyne, AGILE is a rapidly growing company with many exciting Defense, Civil and Commercial programs.
As a Propulsion Lead Engineer, you will be designing hypergolic rocket engines that will be used for the propulsion of spacecraft and moon landers. You will have ownership of propulsion components and systems and ensuring that designs by other engineers meet integrated expectations. Your primary focus will be leading a team designing, analyzing, and delivering rocket engine components and assemblies. AGILE has in-house testing capability for hypergolic propulsion systems and thrusters with a state-of-the-art vacuum, temperature conditioning, and data acquisition system. AGILE embraces a hardware-rich and hot-fire heavy development approach to make new rocket engines on fast timelines and you will play a key role as a member of the propulsion development team. You will be expected to create new designs to solve our customer’s propulsion needs, troubleshoot, and resolve design and manufacturing issues, develop and own requirements, and verify requirements against test data.
- BS degree or equivalent in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering
- Experience applying Geometric Design and Tolerancing
- Understanding of Fluid Mechanics and rocket propulsion
- Solidworks design experience
- Rocket propulsion design, fabrication, or test experience
- Experience in qualification, validation and verification programs for space hardware
- Candidate must be a US Citizen of permanent resident
- Experience leading the end-to-end design and production of propulsion systems
- Experience developing and working with chemical propulsion systems
- Experience working with or around toxic / hazardous propellants
- Experience in designing for advanced materials and manufacturing processes
- Hands-on experience with rocket propulsion systems.
AGILE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.