Located in Durango, CO, AGILE Space Industries designs, builds, and tests in-space propulsion systems for satellites and spacecraft. AGILE uses state of the art 3D metal alloy printing techniques to rapidly design, manufacture, and test new engine designs in our purpose-built propulsion test facility. With over a decade of experience testing rocket engines, and engineers who have worked at industry leaders like SpaceX, NASA, and Rocketdyne, AGILE is a rapidly growing company with many exciting Defense, Civil and Commercial programs.
AGILE is seeking a Project Manager who will be responsible for planning, developing, and executing projects related to the delivery of in-space propulsion systems. This is an exciting opportunity to lead multi-disciplinary teams delivering flight hardware for various missions. This includes overall accountability for the integrated planning, coordination of design, procurement, hot-fire testing and validation, flight qualification, and production.
The Project Manager will report to the VP Program Delivery and will have ownership of assigned Finance and Operating results for assigned programs.
- Provide leadership to a multi-disciplinary team inclusive of engineers, technicians, machinists, programmers, and project support personnel
- Manage internal and external stakeholders
- Manage project scope, cost, and schedule to deliver world class performance
- Implement a structured, systematic, and predictable approach to project delivery
- Full accountability of Supply Chain & Contract Management related to project delivery
- Oversee reporting and invoicing
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM related field
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading small to large scale projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical documentation
- Must be a US Citizen
- Security clearance (eligible required)
- Energetic, self-starter with the ability to work autonomously
- Results oriented approach
- Strong and committed leadership in safety
- Formal project management training and/or certification
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong business acumen, including negotiation and conflict management
- Experience managing subcontractors and vendors
- Experience with change and risk management
- Experience in production or manufacturing
- Experience with Quality Management Systems and associated certifications
- Experience with applying Lean methodologies to production environments
- Ability to effectively manage stakeholders across internal departments and external to the organization
- Working knowledge in Project Controls, including use of cost & schedule management systems
- Experience managing DOD contracts
- Experience working with classified and controlled information
Remote: Possible for immediate hire; will transition to Durango
The Salary range for this position is $110,000-$160,000. There are multiple positions and final salary will depend on experience and skill sets. Total compensation generally includes salary, strong benefits package and equity options.
The salary ranges provided in this job posting are indicative and may be adjusted for individual candidates commensurate with experience or technical capabilities. All permanent full time AGILE employees also are eligible to participate in the employee stock option plan as part of a comprehensive remuneration package
AGILE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.