Senior Propulsion Engineer
Located in Durango, CO, AGILE Space Industries designs, builds, and tests in-space propulsion systems for satellites and spacecraft. AGILE uses state of the art 3D metal alloy printing techniques to rapidly design, manufacture, and test new engine designs in our purpose-built propulsion test facility. With over a decade of experience testing rocket engines, and engineers who have worked at industry leaders like SpaceX, NASA, and Rocketdyne, AGILE is a rapidly growing company with many exciting Defense, Civil and Commercial programs.
AGILE is seeking an experienced propulsion engineer who will provide technical leadership to a project team developing a hypergolic axial engine for a lunar lander. The ideal candidate for this role will have technical experience to provide guidance to other engineers on the program, to make informed architecture decisions, and guide the development process. Critical skillsets being sought after include injector design and combustion devices, regenerative cooling design and analysis, and film cooling design and analysis.
- Review system requirements to define architecture and subsystem architecture
- Provide technical leadership for subsystem design
- Conduct analysis of components and subsystems.
- Lead investigations into anomalies and requirement shortfalls
- Practice critical problem solving, task prioritization, and thorough analysis
- Iterate engine/feature designs using simulated and real-world test data
- B.S. or advanced degree in related engineering or technical field
- 5+ Years of experience working on rocket propulsion systems
- Multi-disciplined engineer confident working through ambiguity and uncertainty across complex assignments
- Candidate must be a US citizen or permanent resident and able to obtain a security clearance
- Experience leading the end-to-end design and production of propulsion systems
- Proficiency in ANSYS
- Experience developing and working with chemical propulsion systems
- Experience working with or around toxic / hazardous propellants
- Experience in designing for advanced materials and manufacturing processes
- Hands-on experience with rocket propulsion systems.
Remote: Negotiable on a case by case basis
The salary range for this position is $100,000-$150,000
The salary ranges provided in this job posting are indicative and may be adjusted for individual candidates commensurate with experience or technical capabilities. All permanent full time AGILE employees also are eligible to participate in the employee stock option plan as part of a comprehensive remuneration package
AGILE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.