Embedded Software Engineer – Linux
We strongly prefer working with individuals who are passionate about aerospace and are willing to work with us for the long term.
WHAT IT TAKES
- If you are constantly worried about memory overflow, divide by 0 – this is for you.
- If you like recursive acronyms such as GNU – this is for you.
- If you like working on real time systems – this is for you.
- Design, develop and test (space hardened) avionics firmware that will support the functions of our launch vehicles and test systems.
- Strong firmware debugging capabilities with respect to embedded system issues.
- Create firmware systems with efficiency, modularity, extensibility, and robustness.
- Knowledgeable about serial communication protocols and ability to read bus traces (I2C, SPI, UART, USB, etc.).
- Support through production and testing phase is expected.
- Experience with a different MCUs(Cortex M4, MSP), peripherals, features, and development environments.
- Able to read board schematics and know EE fundamentals.
- Experience with FPGA programming is a plus.
- Simple soldering and rework experience is a plus.
- Proficient in C and C++ embedded firmware development.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Physics.
- A minimum of 3 years of first-hand experience with Embedded Linux development.
- A good knowledge of porting Linux kernel to various ARM-based SOCs, architecture, and peripherals.
- Experience with Embedded Linux root file systems (Yocto, OpenEmbedded, Buildroot).
- Experience in BSP, Linux Internals, Linux Device Driver Development.
- Working knowledge of Ethernet and TCP/IP networking.
- A firm understanding of Bootloader (U-boot) and porting to different architectures.
- Experience working on RTOS (FreeRTOS, Keil RTX, etc.).
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent area of focus.
- 2+ years of board level experience designing hardware from concept through production; strong emphasis on full lifecycle development of new hardware systems — not small incremental updates to legacy hardware.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
What you could take away?
- You might have created a new simple OS for rockets.
- Your work will directly impact the company’s (and the rocket’s) trajectory.
- You will learn rocket science from some of the most senior and respected minds in ISRO.
- You will work on shaping space policy in India.
- You will dirty your hands in a global supply/chain optimization problem.
If interested, please send your resume in PDF format and a 3 line email describing – who you are, why you want to apply to Agnikul and something interesting about yourself.