“Agnikul” is a derivative of the Sanskrit word - “Gurukul” and it could be interpreted to mean “a place where people learn to use fire”. We are a group of enthusiasts, rocket scientists, engineers, programmers, lawyers, and more - all of us just love enabling space accessible to everyone!
We strongly prefer working with individuals who are passionate about aerospace and are willing to work with us for the long term.
WHAT IT TAKES ?
- If you have wondered where the center of gravity of the Penrose Stairs lies, this is for you.
- Even better if you have spent more than 100 hours trying to figure out the best material for Space Elevator Tethers.
- Preferably, you have also googled: “Inconel vs. carbon composites for 3d printing”
- Responsible for build of initial development hardware, ensuring efficient manufacturability and modifying design as needed (Can’t “stress” this point enough – pun intended)
- Perform, document, and present static, dynamic, custom-modal, thermo-mechanical, fatigue and fracture analyses
- Perform initial sizing analyses by hand calculation, detailed structural analysis using Finite element analysis tools
- Perform detailed fluid system layout and/or mechanical design utilizing CAD and understanding of materials
- Seek out and evaluate state-of-the-art analysis techniques and tools
- Identify and procure long lead items such as machining parts, seals, forgings, etc.
- Coordinate and perform development and qualification efforts of hardware
- Design and build testing equipment or stands
- Manage the transition from development to production for flight quality hardware
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and commercial tools
- Excellent understanding of fatigue and fracture mechanics principles
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree or PhD in an engineering discipline
- Strong background in solid mechanics and structural dynamics (custom-modal, transient, and random vibration analysis)
- Expert on fatigue, crack initiation, propagation mechanisms and metallic failure prevention
- Familiar with crack growth analysis codes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver against an aggressive schedule
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
What you could take away?
- Your work will directly impact the company’s (and the rocket’s) trajectory.
- You will learn rocket science from some of the most senior and respected minds in ISRO.
- You will work on shaping space policy in India.
- You will dirty your hands in a global supply/chain optimization problem.
If interested, please send your resume in PDF format and a 3 line email describing – who you are, why you