“Agnikul” is a derivative of the Sanskrit word - “Gurukul” and it could be interpreted to mean “a place where people learn to use fire”. We are a group of enthusiasts, rocket scientists, engineers, programmers, lawyers, and more - all of us just love enabling space accessible to everyone!
We strongly prefer working with individuals who are passionate about aerospace and are willing to work with us for the long term.
WHAT IT TAKES
- If you belong to the category of typing a semicolon instead of a full stop, this is for you; //(We are syntax agnostic in our search though (any language experience is okay!);)
- If you see a car’s headlights and wonder what happened to your ability for abstraction, this is for you.
- If you can see a launch vehicle as a 21st century robot, this is for you.
- Optimize trajectories the launch vehicle will have to fly in to get to orbit.
- Work with Propulsion and GNC Engineers to code engine characterization, carry out simulations, and integrate programs into flight control algorithms.
- Work interdisciplinary trades (e.g. with Avionics, GNC, Thermal, and Structures) that result in the most optimal vehicle level configuration.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, physics, electrical engineering, or equivalent engineering discipline.
- Understands the basic physics behind projectile motion.
- Applied experience coding in an object-oriented language.
- Ability to work long hours, weekends etc. if needed (almost always!).
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to design and implement robust and scalable systems with flexible and scalable UI.
- Deep understanding of object oriented programming.
- Deep understanding of distributed, horizontally scalable systems.
- Experiences with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Engine.
- Focus on performance bottlenecks and performance improvement techniques.
- Familiar with basic principles of compressible and incompressible flow, thermodynamics, thermochemistry, mechanics, materials, and electrical circuits.
- A background in scientific computing, high-performance computing, or mathematics.
- Strong skills with debuggers, profilers, and unit testing.
- Interest in/competence with multiple languages and technologies (Python, C++, Simulation tools, SQL).
- Familiar with Agile software development techniques, particularly Test-Driven Development, and Continuous Integration.
- Experience with database management.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment with ongoing drive for continuous improvement in all aspects of work.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to succinctly present recommendations to stakeholders, the customer, and management.
- Able to work well in an integrated collaborative team environment, including frequent interactions with technicians, other engineers, and managers.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
What you could take away?
- Your work will directly impact the company’s (and the rocket’s) trajectory.
- You will learn rocket science from some of the most senior and respected minds in ISRO.
- You will work on shaping space policy in India.
- You will dirty your hands in a global supply/chain optimization problem.
If interested, please send your resume in PDF format and a 3 line email describing – who you are, why you want to apply to Agnikul and something interesting about yourself. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org