Launch anywhere, anytime, affordably.
- We strongly prefer working with individuals who are passionate about aerospace and are willing to work with us for the long term.
WHAT IT TAKES ?
- If you have wondered where the center of gravity of the Penrose Stairs lies, this is for you.
- Even better if you have spent more than 100 hours trying to figure out the best material for Space Elevator Tethers.
- Preferably, you have also googled: “Inconel vs. carbon composites for 3d printing”
- Responsible for build of initial development hardware, ensuring efficient manufacturability and modifying design as needed (Can’t “stress” this point enough – pun intended)
- Perform, document, and present static, dynamic, custom-modal, thermo-mechanical, fatigue and fracture analyses
- Perform initial sizing analyses by hand calculation, detailed structural analysis using Finite element analysis tools
- Perform detailed fluid system layout and/or mechanical design utilizing CAD and understanding of materials
- Seek out and evaluate state-of-the-art analysis techniques and tools
- Identify and procure long lead items such as machining parts, seals, forgings, etc.
- Coordinate and perform development and qualification efforts of hardware
- Design and build testing equipment or stands
- Manage the transition from development to production for flight quality hardware
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and commercial tools
- Excellent understanding of fatigue and fracture mechanics principles
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree or PhD in an engineering discipline
- Strong background in solid mechanics and structural dynamics (custom-modal, transient, and random vibration analysis)
- Expert on fatigue, crack initiation, propagation mechanisms and metallic failure prevention
- Familiar with crack growth analysis codes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver against an aggressive schedule
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
What you could take away?
- Your work will directly impact the company’s (and the rocket’s) trajectory.
- You will learn rocket science from some of the most senior and respected minds in ISRO.
- You will work on shaping space policy in India.
- You will dirty your hands in a global supply/chain optimization problem.