“Agnikul” is a derivative of the Sanskrit word - “Gurukul” and it could be interpreted to mean “a place where people learn to use fire”. We are a group of enthusiasts, rocket scientists, engineers, programmers, lawyers, and more - all of us just love enabling space accessible to everyone!
We strongly prefer working with individuals who are passionate about aerospace and are willing to work with us for the long term.
WHAT IT TAKES
- If you make typos such as “keil down” instead of “kneel down” – this is for you
- If “assembly line” means one line of code – this is for you
- If you think the next cricket match version should be “8080” – this is for you
- Design, develop and test (not necessarily space hardened) avionics firmware that will support the functions of our launch vehicles and test systems.
- Strong firmware debugging capabilities with respect to embedded system issues
- Create firmware systems with efficiency, modularity, extensibility, and robustness
- Design communication protocols and demonstrate the ability to work with I2C, SPI, UART, USB, CAN and Ethernet.
- Support through production and testing phase is expected
- Design and lead boards with different MCUs(Cortex M4, MSP), peripherals, features, and development environments.
- Define board schematics and know EE fundamentals
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Physics.
- Proficient in C and C++ embedded firmware development
- Experience with FPGA programming is a plus
- Simple soldering and rework experience is a plus
- Professional experience with experience in fast-paced projects (non-aerospace is okay); CPU-based circuit cards, consumer electronics, wireless devices, and/or low power platforms.
- Professional experience with analog, digital or mixed-signal design principles including designs using operational amplifiers, filters, and transistors.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent area of focus.
- 2+ years of board level experience designing hardware from concept through production; strong emphasis on full lifecycle development of new hardware systems — not small incremental updates to legacy hardware
- Strong understanding of computers and programming languages (C/C++, Simulation tools, Assembly language).
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
What you could take away?
- You might have designed one of the most compact electric motors in the world!
- Your work will directly impact the company’s (and the rocket’s) trajectory.
- You will learn rocket science from some of the most senior and respected minds in ISRO.
- You will work on shaping space policy in India.
- You will dirty your hands in a global supply/chain optimization problem.
If interested, please send your resume in PDF format and a 3 line email describing – who you are, why you want to apply to Agnikul and something interesting about yourself. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org