Launch anywhere, anytime, affordably.
- We strongly prefer working with individuals who are passionate about aerospace and are willing to work with us for the long term.
WHAT IT TAKES
- If you belong to the category of typing a semicolon instead of a full stop, this is for you; //(We are syntax agnostic in our search though (any language experience is okay!);)
- If you see a car’s headlights and wonder what happened to your ability for abstraction, this is for you.
- If you can see a launch vehicle as a 21st century robot, this is for you.
- Optimize trajectories the launch vehicle will have to fly in to get to orbit.
- Work with Propulsion and GNC Engineers to code engine characterization, carry out simulations, and integrate programs into flight control algorithms.
- Work interdisciplinary trades (e.g. with Avionics, GNC, Thermal, and Structures) that result in the most optimal vehicle level configuration.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, physics, electrical engineering, or equivalent engineering discipline.
- Understands the basic physics behind projectile motion.
- Applied experience coding in an object-oriented language.
- Ability to work long hours, weekends etc. if needed (almost always!).
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to design and implement robust and scalable systems with flexible and scalable UI.
- Deep understanding of object oriented programming.
- Deep understanding of distributed, horizontally scalable systems.
- Experiences with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Engine.
- Focus on performance bottlenecks and performance improvement techniques.
- Familiar with basic principles of compressible and incompressible flow, thermodynamics, thermochemistry, mechanics, materials, and electrical circuits.
- A background in scientific computing, high-performance computing, or mathematics.
- Strong skills with debuggers, profilers, and unit testing.
- Interest in/competence with multiple languages and technologies (Python, C++, Simulation tools, SQL).
- Familiar with Agile software development techniques, particularly Test-Driven Development, and Continuous Integration.
- Experience with database management.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment with ongoing drive for continuous improvement in all aspects of work.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to succinctly present recommendations to stakeholders, the customer, and management.
- Able to work well in an integrated collaborative team environment, including frequent interactions with technicians, other engineers, and managers.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
What you could take away?
- Your work will directly impact the company’s (and the rocket’s) trajectory.
- You will learn rocket science from some of the most senior and respected minds in ISRO.
- You will work on shaping space policy in India.
- You will dirty your hands in a global supply/chain optimization problem.