PAL Robotics is a privately owned Research & Development Company based in Barcelona, Spain. The team consists of people from various countries, mostly engineers in the fields of mechanics, electronics and software, with many years of experience in the robotics industry. The short-term goals for PAL Robotics are to introduce global best practices and solutions that help our customers to adapt and succeed in todayʼs ever changing business environment, enhance PAL Robotics’ brand recognition and image, and promote sustained growth through partnerships with leading companies.
The ideal candidate should have hands-on research experience and knowledge of research domains including AI, NLU, ML and dialog management.
The candidate should also be very agile in developing flexible software with respect to scientific, experimentation methods and usage patterns.
- Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms for ROS and advancing the state of the art.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and evaluate applications and interaction methodologies.
- Ability to produce bullet-proof code that is fault-tolerant, efficient, and maintainable.
- Academic and/or industry experience with standard AI and ML techniques, NLU and scientific thinking.
- Experience working effectively with science, data processing, and software engineering teams.
- Helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product .
- Working with scientist and other engineers to investigate design, approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Establish architectural principle, select design patterns, and mentor team members on their appropriate application.
- Operate in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Experience in robotics desirable.
- Effective documentation practices and experience writing reports and protocols.
- High level of technical aptitude and understanding.
Internal: Within PAL Robotics
Education : Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Electronics Engineering.
Work Experience : 3+ years
Skills : Team Player , Detail & Result Oriented.
If you’re up for the challenge, please send a cover letter and resume via email with the subject line “AI Research/Software Development Engineer” to firstname.lastname@example.org