Welcome to Air Arabia, the Middle East and North Africa's first and largest Low Cost Carrier (LCC). We fly to over 170 destinations spread across the Middle East, North Africa, Asia and Europe. We offer comfort, reliable and value for money air travel across our network and with our value preposition "Where Next", we help you to fly more often to more places at your own convenience!
To manage and monitor the security functions encountered with Air Arabia daily operations in the respective station ensuring safety, security, and smooth workflow in line with Company’s policies and regulatory requirements. Employs technical and investigation skills to monitor security handling at check-in, baggage handling, and ramp handling areas and control passengers and aircraft searching to minimize risks and eliminate threats.
- Assists the Airport Manager and Security Officer – India in monitoring the Operational and Security functions; ensures compliance of respective station’s handling agents with agreed “Security Measures and Standards” as per Air Arabia policies and procedures laid down in the stations’ operation manual.
- Monitors ramp, airside, check-in, and aircraft restricted and controlled zones ensuring they are safe, secured, and accessed by authorized personnel only.
- Ensures the control
sof access by verifying and checking that airport passes, identification or/and travel documents of passengers, staff, and airport users are being properly carried out by an approved person(s) to ensure eligibility and legality.
- Ensures any necessary physical searches of all personnel passing through the Restricted Zones using provided archway metal detectors are carried out and that manual body searches are undertaken as necessary.
- Ensures a thorough search on all items being carried into the aircraft including handbags using X-Ray and explosive trace equipment as well as manual search. Ensures no prohibited articles are taken into the Restricted Zone that may endanger aircraft, passengers, or crew
- Responds to and assists the Airport Manager in handling AOG, emergencies, technical delays, disruptions and service recovery with utmost efficiency and control.
- Reports to the “Airport Manager” and Head Office all security incidents/accidents, acts according to approved procedures and completes the appropriate agreed documentation circulated earlier.
- Ensures all “Dangerous Goods” related incidents to respective local authorities and the headquarters immediately.
- Monitors adherence of handling agents to Company’s policies and procedures and to regulatory requirements; supports staff in providing efficient and safe passenger service and guides them in critical complex situations. Reports non-compliance to Airport Manager for corrective measures.
- Monitors the baggage handling system and ensures that tracing of lost luggage is undertaken daily; seeks to resolve related customers’ complaints.
- Higher diploma or equivalent in any discipline would be acceptable for this role.
- Basic Airport Safety and Security procedures trainings are a must; he/she must undergo refresher training to re-train qualified security staff status.
- “IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations” training or certificate is a must for this role.
- Has no previous criminal conviction.
- Be dynamic and physically fit; capable of handling people and heavy material when needed.
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and reports writing.
- Good English Language.
- 3 years of relevant working experience in Airlines/Aviation industry in a similar role handling security.
- Must have a minimum of 1years of experience in a supervisory role in a station with departure/arrival flights; experience with low cost airline is a plus.
- Good knowledge in IATA/ Civil Aviation Authorities and Regulatory Bodies’ rules and regulations pertaining to Ground Handling working procedures and operating standards, GHAs, GSAs, etc.
- Experience in Passenger Handling, Cargo, Ramp, Dispatch, DGR, and Load Control is an added value.
- Familiar with monitoring service level agreements (SLAs) from security measures perspective.
- Capable for monitoring adherence to policies, procedures in line with standards and regulations.
- Familiar with QA/Safety/Security/Audit procedures and practices affecting Ground Operations.
- Composed, self-confident and focused, capable of handling emergencies and threats with control.
- Has a sharp eye with good investigation skills; high accuracy and attention to details.
- Possesses effective time management, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Employs technical and interpersonal skills to support company’s objectives.
- Demonstrates the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against business strategy and set KPIs.