Engineering Safety Investigator
To investigate, monitor and maintain the “assigned safety functions” related to “Air Arabia Safety Management System” in the respective areas of operation in line with Air Arabia adopted policies and procedures.
Key Result Responsibilities
- Performs safety investigations on maintenance/engineering events.
- Supports all investigations on technical aspects.
- Follows up and closes all mandatory technical safety reports with the airworthiness authorities.
- Identifies safety trends and agrees action plans with the relevant operational areas.
- Gathers, organizes and disseminates safety related information continuously in a timely manner to promote safety awareness across the operating functions within the Company ensuring accuracy of information and circulation to avoid any risks or threats.
- Acts as an active member of the “Safety Action Group”, attends and participates in meetings on regular basis; supports the “Safety Manager” in addressing and discussing safety concerns, procedures and recommendations for improvement.
- Assists in establishing, updating and publishing safety manuals, policies, and procedures to counter threats and risks whenever required.
- Supports team members in publishing the periodic safety regulations, directives, Newsletter and Bulletins, and disseminating the same as appropriate.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge in line with industry practices; contributes to the team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Contributes to the effective performance and on-going development of the department by providing accurate and timely response to queries and emails in order to optimize workflow procedures in the office. He/she participates in delivering training whenever required.
- Keeps abreast of current occupational legislation and requirements to ensure the workplace is in compliance with the same.
- Supports the safety team in their assignments and daily work whenever needed, provides a backup role to the SMS administrator.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- Bachelor degree in Engineering / Science / Technical or equivalent from a recognized university or institute.
- A qualified B1 or B2 engineer.
- Completing an Aviation Safety Investigator training is an advantage
- Must have completed “Flight Data Monitoring Systems” training.
- Compliance, Audit and Quality Assurance certificates and trainings are an added value for this role.
- Professional membership with associations related to the Aviation/Airlines industry is a plus.
- Proficient in Google Office Applications and Microsoft Office: Expert in Excel, Graphics and Power Point.
- Skilled report writing is required to ensure that complex reports are properly and clearly described.
- Excellent command over written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English Language
- 4+ years’ of experience in the Airlines/Aviation industry working for a mid-sized company; a minimum of 3 years in the “Safety Department” in a similar capacity is required for this role.
- Has decent exposure to the Civil Aviation Authorities, particularly GCAA; familiar with rules and regulations of GCAA pertaining to the Aviation Safety.
- Must be able to read and comprehend technical manuals, documents, and regulations pertaining to a wide variety of operational areas and preferably be conversant with GCAA regulations.
- Must be able to analyze data and complex reports to generate statistics and graphics.
- Experienced in monitoring performance of systems and operations against safety policies, procedures and operating manuals in line with adopted regulations and approved standards.
- Experienced in implementation and maintenance of aviation related documentation and reports.
- Capable of implementing and carrying out investigation procedures and audit checks when required.
- Composed, capable of dealing with threats and emergency cases with focus, analytical thinking, efficiency and commitment to successful safe results.
- Has working experience and exposure to Quality Assurance / Internal & External Audit practices and their effect on safety measures and standards.
- High accuracy and attention to both results and details.
- Proven skills in analyzing data, identifying pitfalls and recommending effective solutions.