Applies test planning methodologies and various ranges of data analysis and technical reporting to enhance the safety and optimize the performance of aircrafts whilst satisfying all relating regulatory requirements. Provides relevant support to Flight Crew and Flight Operations personnel in terms of Take- off and Landing analysis, Weight and Balance and Route analysis, Aircraft Performance monitoring, Aircraft evaluation, Testing and Acceptance, etc
Key Result Responsibilities
- Manages the day-to day duties and activities deemed necessary by operational requirements and formulates suitable methodology to facilitate flow of technical information to all concerned.
- Provides technical advice and support on all aspects related to Aircraft Performance Engineering; constantly contributes to the performance documentation technical content, customization, revision and production to be reflected in the relevant published manuals and support material.
- Monitors and analyzes the Flight Planning System database constantly to ensure its adequacy, accuracy and compliance with the GCAA/CAA rules and regulations, ICAO adopted procedures, as well as Air Arabia policies and procedures and Standard Operations Manual.
- Identifies limitations on operational capabilities such as Notams, Navigation facilities, Air Traffic flow, aircraft performance and Mel requirements, in line with business requirements and in accordance with Company’s and civil aviation international regulatory guidelines and standards; suggests remedial solutions where applicable.
- Ensures all regulated performance for Take-off, En-route and Landing are monitored and revised on a regular basis.
- Ensure Aircraft take-off and landing Performance data for aircraft type are up to date satisfying regulatory and Company requirements, including new destinations and alternates.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/Math/Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent from a recognized university is highly desirable for this role.
- Must have completed “Performance Engineering” training from Airbus or other manufacturer.
- Deep understanding of the software development process and applicable PE tools – Performance Center and diagnostic tools.
- Broad performance engineering tool experience (Wily, Compuware, IBM-Filenet/Websphere Portal, dynaTrace, HP, etc.)
- Understanding of database technologies – SQL, Oracel, Exadata, etc.
- Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel), Internet, Web Search
- Good in written and verbal communication skills, Technical reports writing, presentations, etc.
- Good in English Language
- 7+ years of experience in a comparable airlines or aircraft manufacturer company in the operations/engineering department as an approved or licensed Engineer/ Flight Dispatcher;
- Experience with low cost airline is preferred.
- Broad performance engineering experience (modelling, tuning, diagnostics, monitoring, etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge in the regulations of the Civil Aviation Authorities and regulatory bodies, preferably GCAA; familiar with rules and regulations of ICAO, CAR, FAR, JAR, and IOSA pertaining to Flight Operations and working procedures.
- Proven ability to lead PE / testing projects of all sizes
- Exposure to QA/Safety/Security and practices related to and affecting Flight Operations.
- Capable of applying policies, procedures as per approved standards and regulations.