We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world
Airbus Defence and Space SAS – Thailand Branch
Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world’s leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
Main responsibilities :
- With direct report to the Local Project Leader, based in Bangkok, Thailand and acting as his local deputy of the Project Manager, under the authority of the AIP Factory manager, the AIP Factory Engineer is part of the AIP Factory Development team, is in charge of the development of the AIP through the full life cycle.
- The Actionable Intelligence Policy is a capacity provided through the project to setup indicators that gives support for decision management at management level.
- Development of AIP means taking in account problem statement and end-users needs, analyzing them with related data and design and bring smart information to end-users that are applying action plan.
The position is open in Thailand, require communication with customer and end-users and co-working with French teams providing the tools and thematic expertise. .
The live cycle is covering mainly the following activities:
- AIP development (Specification analysis, design, development, integration then test on the GIS platform)
- Create and develop all documentations associated to AIP development (user guide, manual)
- Work together with customer development team in Thailand and experts team in France to deliver AIP solution
Qualification and validation
- Projected users stories, problem statement from design state to the GIS solution, and generate definition of the test plan (technical and functional)
- Qualification and validation of the development for the Go-live in production
- Configuration management (in pre-production and production environment)
- Identify data requirement for the AIP development
- In charge of managing Data including definition, sourcing in Thai administration or private entities, preprocessing, integration and operations
- Running the execution of the AIP (from Data input, processing execution and indicator shared to the end-users)
- Taking in account the feedbacks, and constraint from the end-users
- Propose solutions to solve any issues or blockages from the AIP execution process.
- Training the customer’s operators on the Run phase
- Supporting the customer’s operator
- Identify risks of the AIP run phase and propose mitigations
Notice that Data can be spatial images, economic or social geo-spatialize data… Any type of data that can be used in the system based on GIS standard and I4D and ArcGIS tools.
All these activities are conducted:
- In total integration with Airbus back office Specification/Design/development team;
- Potentially, through co-working with the customer ( for Design & development & running);
- With Local Partners bringing local expertise linked to legacy system.
- Advanced knowledge on GIS development and related technology.
- Advanced overall knowledge on GIS data, process, system and software.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (esp. Python, SQL, and general shell scripting)
- Advanced overall knowledge on ArcGIS solutions stack ( Desktop/ArcMap/ArcGIS Enterprise).
- Overall knowledge on Database Management System ( at least PostgreSQL) and related GIS extension ( at least PostGIS)
- Overall knowledge on IT systems :, IT system architecture basics
- Proficient in source code versioning software (Git, Gitlab) and associated workflow
- Knowledge of UNIX and Windows environments
- (Optional) Familiar with cloud (kubernetes/docker) and distributed storage technologies would be a plus
- Software development competencies
- Good communication, abilities to quickly understand problems, refer to matching third-party, and set-up action plans
- Maintain close working relationship with staff, including those at remote locations
- Project management working mindset, experienced in agile methodology is a plus
- Be able to work under pressure and with the intense customers and stakeholder management
- Be flexible and open minded for any changes through different situations and variety of stakeholders
- Be able to projected end users’ needs into solutions
- Team player
- Experience in IT systems IVV/deployment and support
- Experience in GIS company or related governmental agency
- Experience in small and medium-sized systems administration and hardware/software maintenance
- English is mandatory, French would be a plus (English is the official working language for the project)
- Thai is the Customer language (with English)
- Multicultural skills
- Master degree, preferably
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.