Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Airbus Defense & Space is looking for Talents for the telecommunications constellation market.
Driven by the rapid growth in demand for global broadband connectivity, telecommunications satellite operators are developing ambitious and highly innovative low-orbit (LEO) satellite constellations to meet the needs of the future, support high-potential customers and better serve the least well connected customers.
These constellations will enable economical broadband of the quality level of fiber, anywhere. They have a global “business model”, offering new satellite services to air / sea service providers, mobile network operators, corporate connectivity providers and Internet service providers.
Integrating seamlessly with terrestrial networks, they will offer a unique value proposition: (i) high throughput, (ii) low cost, (iii) low latency, (iv) global terrestrial and ocean connectivity, (v) a plug-and-play network, (vi) flexible and focused capacity and (vii) unmatched resilience.
These projects are truly innovative and at the forefront of technological development in telecommunications, both in the ground segment and in the space segment.
If you like incredible challenges, join us!
A position of Project Manager in electronic equipment for space (m / f) is to be filled at Airbus Defense & Space in Élancourt.
From responses to calls for tenders, to deliveries of final equipment, the project manager is responsible for project performance: cost control and gross margin maintenance, technical and calendar compliance, customer satisfaction.
You will be responsible for daily relations with clients, as well as the operational management of the project teams.
This position requires a security clearance or requires being eligible for clearance by recognized authorities.
Missions and responsibilities :
- Write the proposals presented to customers in order to define the best possible scenario,
- Negotiate specifications with customers, in order to achieve the best compromise,
- Assist in contract negotiations, jointly with the contract and sales manager,
- Define the development plans of your projects, integrating a risk analysis,
- Operational management of the multidisciplinary project team (Core Team) in order to guarantee the success of the development, manufacture and testing of products,
- Ensure internal reporting as well as that presented to customers,
- Secure financial goals,
- Ensure compliance with contractual commitments, in application of the Product Quality plan,
- Provide support for the development of Airbus DS Space Equipment,
- Support the definition and development of the product strategy (roadmap) of Airbus DS Space Equipment, in order to take into account export aspects in work on new developments.
- Some business travel is to be expected and, therefore, you should be prepared to travel accordingly.
You have the following training, experience and skills:
- At least 3 years of experience as a Project Manager (planning management, cost control, risk analysis, etc.) in connection with on-board electronic equipment (hardware).
- You have worked on projects calling for technical knowledge related to on-board electronics (digital, analog, power electronics, radiation, thermal, mechanical).
- Mastery of project management in an international environment.
- Aptitudes in commercial negotiation and a real interface in transversal management.
- Level of synthesis and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with various interlocutors in a multicultural context.
- Language skills: negotiation level in French and English.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.