Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
AIRBUS DS SLC SAS
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Job Description :
A vacancy for a Field Support Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space, Secure Land Communication (SLC) in Elancourt.
The Field Support Engineer is a member of the Operations organization in Secure Land Communications. He/she belongs to the Customer Test & Support department.
He/she is mainly responsible to test and validate the introduction of a new release in the customer environment.
He/she reports to the Field Support Team Manager.
The Field Support Engineer handles the following tasks:
- Managing the technical progress of the system support according to the contractEnsuring that tools and processes are implemented
- Managing the customer claims database
- Prioritizing claims
- Following up claims: correction, validation and delivery
- Validating the technical responses to the customer
- Developing summaries, internal and external reports regularly
- Participating to the technical preparation of the Roll Out operationsEstablishing and monitoring the procedures related to tests for commissioning, integration and operation on start up and the introduction of operational procedures
- Giving feedback information related to difficulties in implementing procedures and proposing solutions
- Controlling and monitoring the functional compatibility of the different sub-assemblies
- Monitoring the hardware and software technical state of the equipment to be installed
- Managing the installation and archiving of the software installed on-site
Contributing to the evolution of Roll Out, documentation referential in the process gate and integration
- Contributing to commissioning & integration operationsDrafting and respecting the protocol documents which apply to On-Site Assessment & Training (OSAT)
- Transferring network monitoring to customer support during commissioning or run in of the system
- Providing technical assistance to installation technicians and sub-contractors
- Carrying out integration tests for new equipment or FAT/System acceptance with customer
- Developing corrective plans in the case of non-conformities
- Managing the solutions proposedRaising cases to level 3 support if necessary
- Drafting or customizing technical bulletins
- Planning the corrections introduction
- Participating in the training required for the customer or the local team
- Taking into account the customer’s system from a technical point of viewFollowing up the Technical Support operations
- Bringing technical assistance if necessary: deploying new products, releases, extensions
- Managing monthly reviews for prioritization and customer’s main issues
- Participating to the department hotline
- Participating to progress meetings with the customer
- Initializing, coordinating and supervising the migration and upgrade activities of the Roll Out support departmentCoordinating and supervising the drafting of migration and upgrade documents and procedures
- Guarantying the validation of platform steps before roll out on field
- Ensuring the skills transfer to subsidiaries and partners
- Ensuring that software versions are certified before being loaded on-site
Young Telecom engineer / 4 to 6 years in integration of telecommunications systems (depending on technology)
- Strong internal and external interpersonal skills
- Mobility (travel frequently, world-wide)
- Able to handle changing and often tense contexts
- Close attention to detail
- PMR (TETRA, TETRAPOL, …)
- IP (CISCO)
- Linux server & VMware virtual server
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.