Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Airbus Defense and Space SAS
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Please apply online by attaching your CV and cover letter in English (if necessary).
A position of IV&V test resources development engineer (m / f) has just opened within Airbus Defense & Space in Elancourt. You will join the Validation engineering department of Space Electronics where many test benches are developed and perfected to then be used in production to test space electronic equipment (satellites, launchers).
The candidate must have French nationality in accordance with IGI 1300 of 30/11/2011 (article 65).
Main tasks and missions, responsibilities:
You will be responsible for the following main activities:
Define and design the test benches (ground means) necessary to conduct all the tests to be performed on analog space equipment (power converters type) designed and manufactured on the Airbus Defense & Space site in Elancourt.
You will be in charge of the following activities:
- analyze testability for building blocks, cards and equipment,
- develop the architecture and specification of the test facilities,
- carry out the design of the test benches: design of electronic cards, complete simulators (simulations, electrical diagrams, possible routing).
- technical monitoring of subcontractors manufacturing test benches
- develop the specification and develop the software for the test facilities in compliance with Airbus Defense & Space standards and processes,
- conduct validation tests of the test means and a representative model of the equipment to be tested,
- write detailed test procedures based on specifications,
- conduct validation, qualification and acceptance tests.
- supervise the various subcontractors necessary for the realization of test benches and the conduct of tests
You will be fully responsible for controlling costs and deadlines for your activities.
Occasional business trips are expected in France and once or twice a year in Europe and, therefore, you must be willing to travel accordingly.
You have the following training, experience and skills:
- Holder of an engineering degree or equivalent in the field of electronics.
- Experience of 3 to 5 years in a similar position is required,
- Knowledge of the field of instrumentation and / or the development of test means is required,
- Skills in analog and power electronics are required
- Python and C language skills would be appreciated,
- Experience in space would be a plus,
- You have a good adaptability, are autonomous, rigorous, and have a sense of analysis,
- You have a good team spirit,
- You have provisions to interact with different areas of engineering (digital, analog, …),
- Language skills: Negotiation level in French and advanced in English.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.