Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defense, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defense and security and one of the world's leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
A “ Space Harness CAD Supervisor ” position has just opened within Airbus Defense & Space in Toulouse. You will join the design office of the Mechanical Design Office (MDO) department which is in charge of all mechanical activities on Telecommunication, Observation and instrumentation satellites.
In the Harness engineering team, you will be responsible for the 3D design of satellite harness products, instruments, products, covering the phases of pre-design, design and detailed definition up to the manufacturing file.
This position requires security clearance or requires being eligible for clearance by recognized authorities.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for carrying out the 3D design of the harness under CATIA V5 / 6 on the various functional subsystems (phases A / B & C / D) and providing expertise on product development and risk management associates.
As such, your main activities will consist of:
- Carry out or supervise the creation of the 3D routing of the harness in DMU (Digital Mock-Up),
- In phase A / B, prepare pre routing studies (feasibility study, integrability) from preliminary electrical data.
- In phase C / D, supervise and validate the detailed routing activities carried out by teams of subcontractors in order to ensure that the deliverables are maintained.
- Develop quotes and manage the budget and planning in compliance with commitments with the various customers and ensure the associated reporting,
- Propose and monitor areas for improvement of harness product development processes in line with future needs.
You have the following training, experience and skills:
- Technician diploma,
- Experience in the field of harness routing / electrical wiring> 5 years,
- CATIA V5 / V6 expertise EHI EHA module, routing harness,
- Monitoring of CAD subcontractors would be a plus,
- Knowledge of the hardware harnesses to space standards and of these associated implementation constraints,
- Skills in functional electrical architecture or wiring would be a plus,
- Rigor and autonomy, creativity and innovation,
- Good communication, spirit of synthesis and reporting,
- Advanced level in English and fluent in French.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.