Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defense, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defense and security and one of the world's leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
As a Design Engineer in the Design office, you will be in charge of product development from the design phase to manufacturing. You will also be responsible for the financial and programmatic performance of the project.
Depending on your needs, your activities can revolve around three specific design poles:
- the definition of mechanical structures,
- the definition of passive thermal protection (PWM)
- development of satellites (multi-business interfaces – system)
This position requires a security clearance or needs to be eligible for clearance by recognized authorities.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for the following main activities:
- Use CAD tools to design products or subsystems in the form of a 3D model,
- Participate in the functional analysis of the project and the optimization of the concept for manufacturing and assembly,
- Ensure the relationship with the project and the supervision of the design team,
- Guarantee technical quality, respect of deadlines and costs: “On Quality, On Time, On Cost” (OQOTOC),
- Ensure consistency between the specification and the detailed design,
- Define the work plan (Engineering and Development) of the detailed definition and acceptance activities,
- Ensure exchanges with manufacturers and get involved in the follow-up of parts manufacturing,
- Provide operational support to business managers for the implementation and monitoring of MDO (Mechanical Design Office) processes, in particular for MLI activities (definition of passive thermal protection).
Some business trips are to be expected and, therefore, you should be prepared to travel accordingly.
You have the following training, experience and skills:
- Holder of an Engineering degree or equivalent in Engineering / Mechanical Engineering,
- 3 to 5 years of experience,
- First experience in CAD design or good knowledge in the field,
- A good command of CATIA V5 and / or 3D Experience / CATIA V6 and mechanical construction,
- Experience in managing the digital model (DMU) would be an asset,
- Ideally, experience in project management and cost monitoring,
- A good knowledge of industrial manufacturing and assembly technologies and spatial structures would be an advantage,
- Ability to integrate into a team and adaptability,
- Rigor, responsiveness, autonomy, spirit of initiative, good interpersonal skills and good communication skills,
- Advanced level in English and negotiation level in French.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.