Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Airbus Defence and Space SAS
What if YOUR adventure began with US!
As part of a school course in initial training , you are looking for a compulsory internship or integrated into a gap year , lasting from 4 to 6 months maximum, allowing you to validate your year.
We offer you to work in a world leader company in its field, digitally oriented, at the forefront of research and innovation.
An internship offer in “ Study and sizing of SatCom links for constellation of satellites (m / f)” has just opened within the Airbus Defense and Space division of the Airbus group at our Toulouse site (Palays).
This internship is to be filled from February 2021 (date subject to a certain flexibility).
You will join the “Engineering” department in charge of Ground Segment System Engineering for Airbus Defense and Space telecommunications satellite users.
The Ground Users Segment provides all the functional and material resources enabling the users of the system to communicate with secure voice and high-speed data services, in order to carry out their operational missions.
Within the framework of the development of constellations of telecommunications satellites and associated ground systems, it is necessary to have end-to-end, high-performance and adapted dimensioning tools allowing an optimized use of the communications capacities.
The mastery of this tool will allow the understanding and the characterization of the end-to-end performances of a complete SatCom system for satellite constellations.
The purpose of the internship will be to design and develop a sizing tool for end-to-end RadioFrequence links. This tool should make it possible to take into account the Radio-Frequency regulations associated with satellite constellations, the orbits, the performance and configuration of payloads as well as the performance of user terminals.
The activities of this internship will allow you to evolve and work in close collaboration with the “Architect” and “System Engineer” teams of the End to End Communication competence center of Airbus Defense and Space and thus create better efficient solutions in an innovative and buoyant market such as the telecommunications sector.
This position requires a security clearance or requires being eligible for clearance by recognized authorities.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
You will be under the responsibility of a manager who will help you identify your professional goals and support you in developing your skills.
In this context, your main activities will be as follows:
- Bibliographic study of Radio-Frequency (RF) regulations associated with satellite constellations (Frequency Management, RF propagation, etc.)
- Design of orbitography and RF propagation models
- Implementation of a statistical study tool for the sizing of RF links
- Identification of the elements to be taken into account for the characterization of RF links
- Validation of the tool on representative operational scenarios
- Preparation of associated documentation.
Profile sought and skills required :
You are preparing for a Bac + 5 level diploma in engineering with a specialization in Telecommunications or equivalent and you have the following skills:
- A keen interest in the space field and Telecommunications satellites
- Knowledge of Satellite Telecommunications, Radiofrequency and Antennas systems
- Knowledge of Transmissions, digital signals and link assessment
- Knowledge of software development
- A mastery of computer tools and languages such as Matlab, VBA, Python
- English: intermediate level
- French: level of negotiation.
- Rigorous and methodical
- Curious for areas outside expertise and autonomous
- Good interpersonal skills and good communication skills
- Ability to integrate into a team and adaptability
- Recognized for your organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and synthesize
- and provided (e) team spirit, know how to convince and solve problems.
You will develop the following skills:
- Knowledge of the issues and the different elements of a Satellite Telecommunications system (Space Segment and Ground Segment)
- In-depth knowledge of software development and programming languages
- Knowledge of Radio Frequency
- Knowledge of the work and concrete achievements directly useful to engineering and operations
- Knowledge and knowledge of “Teamwork”.
You may, depending on the offers offered, be required to move.
If your profile catches our attention, you will be invited to do a video interview during which you will have a few minutes to convince us. Subsequently, your application may be proposed to managers.
If the prospect of joining our innovative Group motivates you?
Do not hesitate ! Apply online! www.airbus.com/careers
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.