Airbus ExO Autonomy SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of Airbus UpNext
Founded in 2017, Airbus UpNext is actively shaping the future of aerospace by using flying demonstrators to evaluate, mature and validate new products and services.
Designed as a talent incubator, Airbus UpNext is a place where you can act and think like a startup while building on the strong expertise of Airbus, a place where you are empowered to challenge and test new processes and ways of working.
Our mission is:
- To identify the trends that could disrupt the future of the aerospace industry and evaluate them to demonstrate their potential as a viable product.
- To accelerate traditional research cycles and prototype development to achieve proof of concept in a real environment and at a convincing scale and speed.
- To develop real-world applications for emerging aerospace technologies, thereby driving their maturity and increasing their value.
- To be THE reference for Technology Value Assessment
Our Values: #Keep it Simple #Act as one Team #Be Audacious
Our DNA: #Speed of Execution #Bold Experimentation #Outward Looking
Description of Airbus Upnext DragonFly Demonstrator
UpNext launches a new flight demonstrator, Airbus Upnext DragonFly, to go a step further to pave the way for autonomous flights on commercial aircraft.
In particular, this demonstrator aims to demonstrate the ability to ensure safe flight back and landing.
All the outcomes of this demonstration will contribute to preparing more autonomous aircraft of the next decade.
On top of these technical challenges, this demonstration has to be achieved in less than 30months.
Team spirit, proactivity and pragmatism will be the key ingredients to make this unique journey successful.
DragonFly team is searching for his/her Ground platform Product Owner (m/f) to set up the means which will support the autonomous aircraft integration in its environment.
The DragonFly ground platform will be made of 3 functional bricks:
- A position of an airline dispatcher
- Several positions of Air Traffic Controller
- An air traffic generator
Each of these bricks will have several incremental instances and will be associated with simulation means in order to gain into maturity along the project in order to finally support the autonomous flight test aircraft during the demonstration.
This ground platform will also be interfaced with several aircraft representations from a simulated aircraft to the Flight Test aircraft.
This platform will be used to perform operational and massive testing.
As such, the jobholder will have to:
- Ensure the set-up of the ground platform, the evolution and integration of all the bricks, including the simulated A/C
- Liaise with:
- “Customers” of the platform to refine the exact needs (Dragonfly referents, Operational actors)
- DragonFly software and hardware architects
- Drumbeat the team dedicated to the ground platform development made of:
- Operational and human factor referents
- Communication referent
- Flight Management referent
- Manage the supplier that will be in-charge of a part of the platform
- Manage priorities in order to ensure platform delivery on time and on quality.
- Support the set-up and the execution of validation sessions
The job holder will also take part in the design, implementation, validation and flight clearance of solutions enabling safe flight back and landing.
You are passionate about aeronautics and ATM, looking for an incredible journey that will lead you to define the ground segment for single pilot operation, motivated by the challenge and ready to constantly learn and to develop yourself and the others, this project could be yours joining the DragonFly team.
Duration of the mission:
The mission will last 2 years, till the flight tests campaign and the associated reports.
Your Boarding Pass:
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate some or all of the following skills and competencies:
- Educated to Master’s degree level in Aeronautics or ATM.
- Agile method, ideally experience as Product Owner on aeronautics and/or software field(s).
- Knowledge in Air Traffic Management/Air Traffic Control.
- Knowledge in airlines operations.
- Experience in software development and integration.
- Experience on simulation means.
- Experience in managing suppliers.
- Knowledge in aeronautical air/ground communication would be a plus.
- Negotiation level in English is required
- Passionate about exploring new areas, working on equations and quickly implementing innovative ideas and concepts
- Critical thinker that takes on big challenges to create innovative solutions. You are an enterprising person, flexible and capable of adapting to changing environments.
- Able to self-manage and yet a team-player!
- Impatient with a burning desire to execute rapidly, without compromising neither safety nor ethics nor compliance.
- You have and share the values of transparency, courage, humility, empathy and care for the others.
- Hands-on person, solution oriented and communicative.
- You are willing to have fun.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.