Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Are you looking for a final year project? Would you like to discover the work of an engineer? Then apply now! We look forward to you joining us at the world of space.
Start: March/April 2021
In the department Mil and Security, future satellite missions are investigated which use optical measurements for a real-time trajectory estimation of detected moving objects. Possible applications are the observation and tracking of launchers, meteors and re-entry vehicles.
Simulation environments for performance engineering and architecture studies of those missions contain data filtering and estimation algorithms as well as graphical user interfaces. Within this thesis, some of our software tools shall be improved and extended by new features. The focus will be on hypersonic flight vehicles in terms of trajectory generation and applicable tracking filters.
- Gain an insight into the field of satellite-based target tracking and corresponding in-house simulation software as well as hypersonic flight vehicles and corresponding aerodynamics
- Literature research and concept elaboration of applicable trajectory generators and tracking filters
- Implementation and testing of implemented algorithms (Fortran/MATLAB)
- Implementation of new features into GUI routines (Java)
- Documentation of development results
- Enrolled student (m/f) within Aerospace Engineering or similar field of study
- Programming and Coding
- Analysis of charact and Performance
- Overall Flight Physics
- English: fluent
- You are a good team player, have excellent communication skills, and are able to work independently.
Does this job description fit your objectives and profile? Take the next step in your career and come and join us!
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.