We make it fly
The space and defence industry is facing unprecedented opportunities and challenges in a world that is becoming more complex and less predictable. For instance, deploying payloads into space is becoming much cheaper, which opens up space to new commercial users and entrepreneurial business models.Unmanned aerial vehicles (“drones”) provide deep insight into the well-being of our fragile planet, and allow delivery of payloads into areas that are too dirty, dull or dangerous for human pilots.Drones also hold promise for moving people around congested cities.
Meanwhile, the ramifications of conflicts around the world stretch all the way to the core of affluent Western democracies, both offline and online.Threats to critical infrastructure, payment systems and mainstream media for instance illustrate the asymmetric nature of many conflicts, requiring better security and protection in cyberspace.Meanwhile, governments are striving to improve the total cost of ownership of their existing military assets, such as military aircraft.They are also increasingly buying new assets as a service, in the process forcing a business model transformation upon their suppliers.
The Digital Platform which is being created now at Airbus Defence & Space is a crucial foundation for these transformations, as it enables promising internal and external use cases that improve operational performance, open up new markets, and ultimately contribute to making the world a safer place.
As a member of our growing DevOps Engineering team, your responsibility is the day to day development and continuous enhancement of the Airbus Digital Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) layer to meet the demands of our business. The PaaS layer offers business projects across all program lines the vital building blocks they need to create new solutions for either new business services or increasing operational excellence. To be successful, you must have an automation-first mindset and deep expert knowledge in one of the core technical domains of our platform (Cloud, Container Orchestration, Big Data, API Management) as well as sound knowledge in one of the other areas. In your role, you are part of a scrum development team and build services jointly with members of other disciplines.
- Implement new Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) elements defined by the platform architecture team.
- Ensure a smooth transition into operations to meet expected SLAs.
- Improve existing IaaS/PaaS elements based on customer feedback, market trends, and runtime information.
- Continuously increase the automation level and resilience of the IaaS/PaaS layer, i.e. in terms of self-healing capabilities and zero-touch deployment.
- Harden the IaaS/PaaS layer continuously against evolving threats in close collaboration with the security team.
- 3 to 5+ years of experience in development, coding or operational engineering roles, optimally used to work in a DevOps environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing startup environment.
Proficiency in the following areas:
- Cloud Platforms
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery approaches (CI/CD)
- OpenShift Container Platform (OCP)/Rancher
- Docker / Kubernetes
- DevOps Tools (Jenkins, GitLab, Artifactory, Ansible Tower, …)
- Programming Languages (Python, Ruby, …)
- Test Automation Frameworks (Protractor, Molecule, Serverspec, etc.)
- Infrastructure as Code / Configuration as Code
Additionally good to have skill sets in the following areas below:
- Databases (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, …)
- Morpheus (CMP)
- Software-defined storage and backup solutions, i.e. Commvault Hedvig
- Software-defined networks, i.e. Arista
- Privileged Access Management solutions
- Identity & Access Management, i.e. Active Directory, Federation, ADFS, and CA
- Network Security Components, i.e. Netscaler, Palo Alto, and VPN
- 3D Processing, i.e. GPUs, XEN
Good conceptual knowledge on the following areas:
- Cloud Services
- Internet of Things
- API Management
- Big Data platforms and toolsets