Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Engineer
We make it fly
The R&T team is a part of the ‘stress and design’ group under Airframe department and plays a key role in demonstrating emerging technology readiness levels and developing innovative solutions for design and development of current and future aircraft programs.
Job scope (core activities):
- Spectra generation
- Analysis of metallic and composite structures (Plain Strength checks, Buckling, Bolted joint analysis)
- Knowledge of static and fatigue design values (Ftu, Fty, Fcy, AFI parameters, S-N curve parameters, fracture toughness etc.,)
- Static and Fatigue calculations (Hand calculations, DFEM, ISAMI, GFEM load redistribution)
- Calculation of Seq stresses (fatigue and crack propagation), understanding of mission profiles, rainflow counting, Miner’s rule, stress files, FESPS databases.
- Calculation of Stress concentration (Kt) values using Petersons’ or DFEM or ISAMI modules.
- Ability to read the drawings and interpret fastener diameter, fastener fit, fastener spec & type, surface protection treatment to be useful for fatigue calculations.
- ISAMI modules (Metallic Filled Hole, Composite Filled Hole, Lug analysis, Corin Analysis, Notch Sensitivity, Damage Tolerance, Tension Fitting, Fatigue Spectrum Analysis (1D & 2D), Fatigue DFEM Initiation Modules, etc.,)
Required Domain Expertise:
- Sound knowledge of structural design principles, aircraft loads and Airbus fatigue manuals
- Experience in fatigue and damage tolerance analysis of aircraft structural components (Airbus methods and tools would be preferable)
- Background in design and sizing of aircraft primary structure components and parts
- Ability to liaise/negotiate with design, stress, EU teams and customer services
- Basic scripting
- Finite element method / finite element analysis (FEM / FEA)
- Very good analytical and reasoning skills
- Tools: Patran/Nastran, Hypermesh, ISAMI (preferred), AF-Twin, NASGRO, SAFE, DAMTOL
- Graduate/Post graduate (Aerospace / Mechanical / Civil )
- 03-10 years
- Ability to work independently & in a transnational team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility & adaptability