We make it fly
- Within the scope of the Materials & Processes (M&P) engineering, the job holder will contribute towards the global effort to design, develop & qualify materials and related manufacturing processes along the Aircraft lifecycle.
- A permanent job opportunity has arisen for an M&P Engineer-Non-Destructive Testing Technology (NDT) within Airbus to be based on the Bengaluru site in India. The successful candidate will join the Airframe M&P department.
- The jobholder is responsible for the management of NDT technical qualifications for all Airbus programmes and support on NDT topics for Major Fatigue test and tear down projects, has full accountability on the delivery of qualification tests/compliance documents.
- She/He is also responsible to contribute to development of Non Destructive Test methods for Testing/Production/In-Service applications, and other real time support to Business Operations
- Support (BOS) queries. All the programs and the whole A/C structure are in the perimeter of this position.
The detailed responsibilities will be:
- Manage NDT technical qualification(TQ) projects
- Perform on-site assessment on Supplier’s facility & NDI techniques as a part of TQ on need basis.
- Support on NDT topics for Major Fatigue test and tear down projects
- Support on development of non-destructive test procedures for production and Non- Destructive
- Testing Manual (NTM) for testing/in-service.
- Participate and coordinate national and international R&T projects to develop new or optimized NDT technologies for new processes, materials and structures in Airbus
- Manage /Answer NDT queries and troubleshooting actions, received from various internal/external stake holders.
- Manage yearly workload including the feedback process and subcontracting
- Exchange transnationally on activity progress, issues, lessons learnt and good practice
- Contribution to the Visual Management and Quality improvement initiatives
- Report to Line Manager and Technology Team Leader as per Airbus Processes
- Technical documents dealing with qualification of materials, standards, manufacturing processes, inspection and test methods, selection of materials and processes
- Contribute to the success of the NDT team, and in general to the transnational NDT team (NDT
- Production + NDT Structural Tests & Teardown + NDT In-Service) in Materials, Processes and Tests
- Identification of most beneficial NDT-technology and providers to match current and future inspection needs for Airbus
Required Domain Expertise:
- Graduate/Post Graduate Engineer (Advanced Materials/Materials Science/Mechanical/Aerospace Engg) with work experience.
- Work Experience: Minimum 5-8 yrs.
Required Technical Expertise:
- Profound knowledge in NDT, hands-on experience, ideally NDT certified
- Ready to understand and apply the Physical basis and expertise of current and future NDT technologies(e.g. Ultrasonic, eddy current, penetrant, magnetic particle, thermography, X-ray or optical methods)
- Simulation abilities
- Experience in material & Processes component testing laboratory.
- Knowledge of international test protocols, standards for materials testing.
- A/C structure knowledge, general knowledge of A/C operation in A/L would be appreciated
- Communication skills with high level of English fluency