Airframe team at Airbus India is looking for an Overall Aircraft Tolerancing Engineer to join the Structural Design team at Airbus India, Bangalore.
Job scope (Tasks & accountabilities):
- 1D or 3D Tolerance studies, Formalization of tolerance results in the frontier drawings of the aircraft drawing set.
- Achievement of cascade of tolerances in the drawing set by use of geometrical annotation respecting ISO standards.
- Define and implement the contractual interchangeability requirements in the drawing set.
- Guarantee compliance to the Key Characteristics and Tolerancing rules in the whole aircraft development process.
- Work on Design Principles, Tolerance stack-up 1D and Tolerance stack-up 3D analysis
- Geometrical Tolerance & dimensioning (GD&T) annotation: Understand and apply geometric dimensioning and tolerancing principles to perform tolerance stack analysis.
- Use of Airbus GD&T tools and techniques.
- Prepare Frontier drawing process
- Statistical tolerance calculations
- Manufacturing process knowledge
- A/C Function, Operation & Processes
- Electrical and Mechanical System Installation Design
- Preferred knowledge of 3DCS, suite aMECAmaster, KC&T and Catia V5 R21
Required Domain Expertise (skills):
- Graduate / Post Graduate Engineer (Aerospace Engineering / Mechanical Engineering)
- The requirement is for a Tolerancing Engineer with knowledge of aircraft structure
- Exposure to manufacturing of auto / aero components, installation and retrofit solutions.
- 3 – 5 years
- Ability to work independently & in a team in a transnational environment
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral, written & presentation)
- Flexibility & adaptability to changing project scenarios and requirements