Airbus Group India Private Limited
Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world’s leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
Are you looking for transnational interactions which will enrich and help you learn more about the business needs from the IT applications? Are you figuring out if Operations or Development is your future career path? Whether you want to go down the Service Delivery Management path or a Solution Architect path, join us and explore your strengths and passion. Our functional analyst role is a launching pad for both career paths and we have a position open for a Functional Analyst now.
Functional Analyst is responsible for Scientific Computing applications’ Level 2 Global Support (End user support). He/she will detect and resolve issues independently and work proactively to ensure the maximum availability of the environment and to resolve issues for the end users.
Qualification & Experience
- Engineering graduate (preferably in Computer Science) with 3-5 years of experience
- Very good practical Linux skills (usage, not admin)
- Good knowledge of GNOME
- Good understanding of ITIL processes .Certification is preferred
- Ability to learn and master Airbus specific Scientific Computing (CAE) applications.
- Knowledge on Installing applications on linux is desirable.
- Strong Analytical skills, Complex problem solving, ability to diagnose, reproduce & address application issues
- Good understanding of server architecture and Engineering applications.
- Ability and willingness to learn about high performance computing
- Individual & proactive Way of Working. Experienced in collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, adaptation and learning of the business processes speak of the customer especially around functional design applications.
- Experienced in working within a product delivery lifecycle, Agile/scrum experience in software development (plus).
- His/her primary functions are incident / problem management, Major issues resolution, functional support & continuous Service Improvements. End-to-end responsibility to assure operational availability for end users.
- Provide day-to-day support for production processing by solving incidents and requests raised by the user community and an ongoing event and alert management related to Application usage, availability and performance inside a defined support environment.
- Identify, assess risks and opportunities in his/her area of duty. He/she identifies and prioritizes events that might negatively/positively affect the programme / process/ function objectives and he/she categorizes them. He/she takes corrective and preventive actions accordingly.
- Analyze and propose/implement to Improve incident resolution quality
- Perform incident categorisation/classification & find out critical issues/most popular incidents and do root cause analysis
- Perform root cause analysis for critical incidents & trend analysis for proactive measures
- Write/Update knowledge management articles with incident analysis
- Participate in Agile Development activities and deliver features for fix/improvement of the service
- Apply DevOps tools, culture and mindset for all your activities on a daily basis
- Raise and maintain the awareness and knowledge of Scientific Computing Applications and related methods within the support organization.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives on demand
- Excellent communication skills to work in a globally distributed team
- Candidate shall be willing to travel to Europe (short as well as longer time) for project meetings, requirement study and onsite support
- He/She shall be willing to work in European Shift Times (upto 10.30 PM IST in Summer and 11.30 PM IST in winter.)
Success will be measured in a variety of areas, including but not limited to
- Consistently ensure the on-time delivery and quality (first-time-right) by solving problems, incidents and requests
- Achieve the customer satisfaction
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.