Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Airbus Group India Private Limited
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Now is a unique moment in history to join Airbus Defence & Space!
The space and defence industry is facing unprecedented opportunities and challenges in a world that is becoming more complex and less predictable. For instance, deploying payloads into space is becoming much cheaper, which opens up space to new commercial users and entrepreneurial business models.
Unmanned aerial vehicles (“drones”) provide deep insight into the well-being of our fragile planet, and allow delivery of payloads into areas that are too dirty, dull or dangerous for human pilots. Drones also hold promise for moving people around congested cities. Meanwhile, the ramifications of conflicts around the world stretch all the way to the core of affluent Western democracies, both offline and online.
Threats to critical infrastructure, payment systems and mainstream media for instance illustrate the asymmetric nature of many conflicts, requiring better security and protection in cyber-space. Meanwhile, governments are striving to improve the total cost of ownership of their existing military assets, such as military aircraft. They are also increasingly buying new assets as a service, in the process forcing a business model transformation upon their suppliers.
The Digital Platform which is being created now at Airbus Defence & Space is a crucial foundation for these transformations, as it enables promising internal and external use cases that improve operational performance, open up new markets, and ultimately contribute to making the world a safer place.
As one of our Test Automation Engineers, you are playing a key role in the smooth end-to-end automation of our digital platform services. You have a keen eye on every manual step that can be removed; as an example by creating automated test suites for services to verify their readiness for release. You work on continuously increasing the overall level of automation of the digital platform, allowing the DevOps cycle to keep its momentum and evangelise automation across all key technology pillars of our platform (Cloud, IoT, Big Data, API) including Infrastructure as a Code approaches and a strict zero touch deployment philosophy. To fulfill your mission, you will act as an integral part of a Scrum team to enhance the platform and/or build platform services jointly with developers and architects of various disciplines.
- Develop automatic end-to-end test suites / ecosystems for all digital platform services (IaaS,PaaS, IaC) to proof the readiness for release.
- Identify and remove manual testing effort in all areas of the digital platform.
- Ensure all digital platform services follow an infrastructure-as-a-code philosophy for consistent distributed deployment.
- Ensure “zero touch” catalogue deployments are achievable for both standalone and connected digital platforms in an international environment.
- Ensure existing services on all levels (platform, infrastructure, services) are continuously optimised and further automated.
- 3-5+ years of experience in development, coding or operational engineering roles, optimally used to work in a DevOps environment.
- Good understanding of automation and performance tools such as Selenium, Jmeter, SoapUI.
- API Automation testing.
- In-depth knowledge of setting up CI / CD pipelines and including test automation paths.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker is a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing start up environment.
- Proficiency in the technologies/coding languages such as :GIT, CloudForm, Ansible,Scripting languages (eg. Bash, Powershell, Ruby, Python), Object oriented language (eg Java), Infrastructure as a Code (IaC) design and implementation, CI/CD pipelines and processes.
- Understanding of the impact of security on software and how to secure your developments.
- Understanding of different operating systems (Windows and Linux) is a must.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Languages: English at Negotiation Level, additional languages (i.e. French, German, Spanish, Italian) are a plus.
- Experience in a cloud development environment is a plus.
- Experience in agile project methodologies, optimally Scrum are a plus.
Success will be measured in a variety of areas, including but not limited to
- Consistently ensure the on-time delivery and quality (first-time-right) of the projects.
- Bring innovative cost effective solutions.
- Achieve the customer satisfaction.
Job Disclaimer and Notification
We bring to the notice of all concerned that Airbus Group India Pvt. Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “AIG”) follows a fair and merit-based employee selection and recruitment practice.
Airbus Group India does not:
Send job offers from free email services including but not limited to Gmail, Rediffmail, Yahoo mail, Hotmail and others. Authorize anyone to either collect money or arrive at any monetary arrangement in return for a job at AIG. Charge / accept any form of consideration or security deposit from job seekers and applicants during any stage of the selection and/ or recruitment process. Request for your credit card number or bank account number.
It has come to our attention that fake job offers under the aegis of Airbus India or Airbus Group India Pvt. Ltd. have been circulated by unauthorized personnel.
On receipt of an interview call for any job at AIG, the candidate may take some measures such as visiting the official website or career site of Airbus to get the contact details to enquire with the Human Resources department of Airbus India regarding such jobs and/or the interview details and any other relevant information.
Please check www.airbus.com to get the contact details and enquire with the company to confirm if any information that you have received are genuine; do not respond to any fraudulent communication.
AIG will not be responsible to anyone acting on an employment offer not directly made by Airbus Group India Pvt Ltd. Anyone making an employment offer in return for money or other type of gain is not authorized by AIG and is not offering an approved job. AIG reserves the right to take legal action, including criminal action, against such individuals/entities.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.