We make it fly.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space, and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky, and in space.
The Licensed Aircraft Engineer’s duty is to carry out maintenance on the aircraft in accordance with the requirements of the relevant airworthiness authorities.
- To ensure the maintenance on the aircraft meets the requirements of airworthiness authorities and the aircraft is fit for release to service as stipulated in his/her approval certificate.
- To plan, organize and control the required manpower to meet each aircraft zone requirement as determined by LEO and to ensure manpower availability at all times.
- To lead and manage a team of Aircraft technicians and to ensure completion of an aircraft task or check within the time period allocated.
- To ensure zonal progress are within the timeline as per the flowchart of the check and update the LEO progressively.
- To ensure work carried out on the aircraft with the highest quality and safety.
- To ensure all documents are properly satisfied without discrepancy and to enable smooth delivery aircraft check packages to the customers.
- To enforce the strict discipline of technicians under his/her respective zones.
- To maintain good self-discipline and respect superiors at all times.
- To ensure his / her license, company authorization and recurrent training are current and up to date.
- To be appointed as Category C / Base Maintenance Release Personnel and perform Cat C / BMR certification when required.
- To ensure good housekeeping and unused items credited back to the store at the end of shift.
- To ensure the availability of safety equipment and to observe all safety measures whilst working on the aircraft.
- To carry out duties assigned by the superiors.
- The Licensed Aircraft Engineer (LAE) is responsible for the following safety accountabilities:
- i. Take reasonable care for the safety and health of himself/herself and others who may be affected by his/her actions or omissions at work.
- ii. Cooperate with his/her employers to enable them to comply with relevant statutory requirements, the Company Safety Management Plan and all other relevant safety procedures.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Time management and problem-solving
- Computer literacy
- Good command of English Language