Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job:
We are recruiting for a Radiation & Nuclear Hardening Engineer to join our experienced team. You will perform radiation and nuclear hardening engineering activities for advanced satellite payloads and equipment. This is a technical role, requiring direct involvement in performing tasks ranging from component selection and test, to equipment analysis. You will assess intra-equipment effects to assure whole systems. There will be regular collaboration with customer representatives, other Airbus and subcontractor personnel.
Specific tasks will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Ensure company and customer requirements are contained within agreed specification
- Guide and report on the application of the Airbus RADIUM Process, perform cost estimates and manage all radiation tasks
- Maintain technical liaison with suppliers
- Maintain payload shielding and radiation analysis
- Advise on additional shielding requirements for equipment
- Maintain spacecraft shielding figures for equipment suppliers
- Collaborate with customer representatives and participation in design reviews
- Produce test specifications and perform radiation testing of components
- Complete the radiation sections of the Parts Approval Documents
- Produce project specific environment specifications
- Create project specific radiation hardness assurance specifications
You will have:
- Genuine interest in working in the space industry and in the field of radiation/nuclear hardening of spacecraft and equipment
- Desire to complete tasks in line with project requirements, to budget and within agreed timescales
- Gravitas in communicating with customers and suppliers
- Knowledge of radiation effects on components
- Experience in analysis of radiation and nuclear hardening data
- A willingness to travel overseas
- Hold or ability to obtain the required Security Clearance for this role
- Professional experience in radiation and nuclear hardening engineering
- Experience of radiation & nuclear hardening of spacecraft – Desirable
- PC literate,with MS Office
- HNC/HND or 1st Degree in Electronics and / Electrical Engineering / Physics
- Higher degree encompassing topics including RF Interfaces, modern communications techniques, EMC, radiation or nuclear hardening – Desirable
- Work well as part of a team or on individual tasks
- Motivated to achieve
Please apply for this vacancy online at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV attached.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business; if you require any reasonable adjustments to participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the Recruitment Business Partner who contacts you.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.