Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Airbus ExO Autonomy SAS
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Airbus UpNext is actively shaping the future of aerospace by using flying demonstrators to evaluate, mature and validate new products and services.
Designed as a talent incubator, Airbus UpNext is a place where you can act and think like a startup while building on the strong expertise of Airbus, a place where you are empowered to challenge and test new processes and ways of working.
Our mission is:
- To identify the trends that could disrupt the future of the aerospace industry and evaluate them to demonstrate their potential as a viable product.
- To accelerate traditional research cycles and prototype development to achieve proof of concept in a real environment and at a convincing scale and speed.
- To develop real-world applications for emerging aerospace technologies, thereby driving their maturity and increasing their value.
- To be THE reference for Technology Value Assessment
#Keep it Simple
#Act as one Team
#Speed of Execution
Description of DragonFly Demonstrator
UpNext launch a new flight demonstrator, DragonFly, to go a step further to pave the way of autonomous flights on commercial aircraft.
In particular, this demonstrator aims to demonstrate the ability to ensure safe flight back and landing.
All the outcomes of this demonstration will contribute to prepare more autonomous aircraft of the next decade.
On top of these technical challenges, this demonstration has to be achieved in less than 30months.
Team spirit, proactivity and pragmatism will be the key ingredients to make this unique journey successful.
DragonFly team is seeking a Software (SW) Architect (m/f) to coordinate and orientate the definition and development of the SW architecture of the demonstrator.
As such, you will have to:
- Define and choose the methodology, tools, framework to be used by the whole SoftWare development team. This choice will be based on the background of the previous demonstrator and the overall flight demonstrator requirements.
- Set up the rules for a proper configuration management and ensure the consistency between the different SW modules developed.
- Define the functional breakdown structure and interfaces between the different applications.
- Allocate the different SW applications to the HW platform. As such, he/she will have to work in close relationship with the HW architect to make the appropriate choices and to ensure the right integration and the expected performances.
- Ensure the traceability of the SW architecture definition and choices and final reports (capitalization of knowledge for the next steps) and any other support type to the SCIFI team, on case by case, like in any start up. In particular, you could also develop some SW applications.
You are passionate about aeronautics, motivated by the challenge and ready to constantly learn and to develop yourself and the others, this project could be yours joining the DragonFly team.
Duration of the mission
The mission will last till the completion of the flight tests campaign and the associated reports, roughly 30 months.
Your Boarding Pass
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate some or all of the following skills and competencies:
- Experience in SW architecture for embedded systems (real time constraints)
- Experience in SW application development on ARINC 653 platform
- Experience in embedded SW applications (definition, development, architecture), such as Auto-pilot loop or Flight management module
- Knowledge of application integration on ARINC 653 and Linux RT platforms
- Knowledge of communication busses : AFDX, ARINC 429, Ethernet
- knowledge of coding languages: C, C++, Simulink, SCADE
- Experience in configuration management
- Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and python would be an advantage
- Knowledge of DO178 would be an advantage
- Experience in Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) would be an advantage
- Autonomy, Adaptability, Availability, Accountability
- Hands-on and solution oriented attitude
- Sharing the values of transparency, courage, humility, empathy
- Willing to have fun
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.