Building the rails of commerce in the developing world
Airlift is building the rails of commerce in the developing world. We view quick commerce as a platform for self-empowerment, one that helps build agency for various stakeholders, including drivers, suppliers and customers.
In the first 12-18 months, Airlift has secured $110m+ USD in venture financing and has scaled the business to multiple tens of thousands of daily customers. We are backed by First Round Capital, a premier venture capital firm based in San Francisco (known for its seed stage investment in Uber, Square and other billion-dollar enterprises).
About the Role:
The Supply Data Scientist will lead Airlift’s efforts to build excellence in demand forecasting and inventory planning. The role requires capable and driven individuals to experiment with various demand forecasting models and iteratively enable forecasting accuracy — significantly impacting stock availability, disposals and capital management.
Individuals will be required to work with engineering and product teams to build the data infrastructure and incorporate factors like promotions and seasonality into our product level demand estimations. We are seeking candidates with prior machine learning experience and significant intellectual curiosity to help us understand and plan for variations in demand.
- Lead end-to-end ownership of our replenishment forecasting model across markets,
- Work with product and technology teams to build the data infrastructure required for more advanced demand forecasting,
- Build in seasonality and promotions into our demand planning,
- Test out new forecasting models, tracking and reporting on impact and scaling successful models.
In addition to the above, successful candidates will demonstrate strong people and leadership skills to effectively partner up with other teammates. Teamwork lies at the heart of Airlift’s culture and operating values.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to work alongside an exceptionally talented team,
- An exciting and fast-paced business directly impacting Pakistan’s economic landscape,
- A high-impact role in an area that is of crucial significance for the business,
- High levels of autonomy in day-to-day responsibilities and deliverables,
- Competitive remuneration and a highly flexible work environment,
- A meritocratic and rewarding culture built around core values of teamwork, growth, execution and appreciation.
Just So You Know
Airlift is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strictly prohibits discrimination of any kind. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere. We are committed to building the best team possible and all employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual potential and qualifications, without regard to race, color, age, religion, socioeconomic status, orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability.
The Airlift team is diverse — we welcome and learn from different individual experiences and points of view that our teammates bring to the table. We’re excited to have you inspire us with yours!