Building a world of self-empowerment
Safety and Security Lead — Africa Region
Airlift is building the rails of commerce in the developing world. We view quick commerce as a platform for self-empowerment, one that helps build agency for various stakeholders, including drivers, suppliers and customers.In the first 12-18 months, Airlift has secured $110m+ USD in venture financing and has scaled the business to multiple tens of thousands of daily customers. We are backed by First Round Capital, a premier venture capital firm based in San Francisco (known for its seed stage investment in Uber, Square and other billion-dollar enterprises).
About the Role:
The Security and Safety Lead role will lead security, environment, health and safety of Airlift’s retail properties. This role will have to demonstrate excellent surveillance and emergency response skills with a strong commitment to security rules and knowledge of all hazards and threats to safety. Successful candidates will be autonomous operators with high humility, attention to detail, strong communication skills, a bias to action and a sense of initiative to develop world-class infrastructure for Airlift.
- Recruit, train and supervise security managers, officers and guards,
- Control budgets for security operations and monitor expenses,
- Maintain retail properties by triangulating responsibilities to the appropriate individuals,
- Review and respond quickly to incidents, breaches and other common issues,
- Create visibility, surveillance and tracking reports for management on security status.
In addition to the above, successful candidates will demonstrate strong people and leadership skills to effectively partner up with other teammates. Teamwork lies at the heart of Airlift’s culture and operating values.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to work alongside an exceptionally talented team,
- An exciting and fast-paced business directly impacting South Africa’s economic landscape,
- A high-impact role in an area that is of crucial significance for the business,
- High levels of autonomy in day-to-day responsibilities and deliverables,
- Competitive remuneration and a highly flexible work environment,
- A meritocratic and rewarding culture built around core values of teamwork, growth, execution and appreciation.
Just So You Know
Airlift is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strictly prohibits discrimination of any kind. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere. We are committed to building the best team possible and all employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual potential and qualifications, without regard to race, color, age, religion, socioeconomic status, orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability.
The Airlift team is diverse — we welcome and learn from different individual experiences and points of view that our teammates bring to the table. We’re excited to have you inspire us with yours!