Satellite Ground System Engineer
Engineering a smarter future together.
AKKA is the European leader in Engineering and Technological Consulting Services. By accelerating innovation among its customers, AKKA supports the main players in the automotive, aerospace, telco & media, industrial, energy, railway and life science sectors throughout the life cycle of their products, also made with cutting-edge digital technologies (ADAS , IoT, Big Data, robotics, embedded systems, machine learning, etc.).
The candidate will take care of the following activities:
- Development of mission, system and operational concepts for satellite missions, including both the space and the ground segment;
- System-wide design along all project phases, including requirement analysis, sensitivity analysis, mission analysis, and design trade-offs;
- Application and acquisition of expertise in defining the roles of the various subsystems of a satellite and the interactions between them, with a focus on ground segment subsystems;
- Application of system engineering principles in the definition and selection of subsystems.
- Experience in Ground Segment studies or Ground Segment Subsystems, preferably in the Earth Observation sector;
- Experience in mission analysis and operational concepts of a satellite mission;
- Management of the requirements and interfaces of an ECSS / ESA system;
- Knowledge of E2E system engineering methodologies, tools and processes;
- Excellent knowledge of English (B2)
Nice To Have
- Skills in the drafting of test plans, test procedures and test reports for the verification and validation of the integration and assembly phases of the satellite components.
- It is expected to be employed for an indefinite period.
Place of work
Established in 1984, AKKA has a strong entrepreneurial culture and is experiencing rapid growth and international development in line with its CLEAR 2022 strategic plan. The Group continues to recruit at a steady pace to support its strong business growth. As of December 31, 2020, the Group had 20,000 employees internationally. Driven by its expertise in future mobility, digital technologies and industry 4.0, the Group’s revenues in 2020 amounted to € 1,503.5 million.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace