AKKA is the European leader in engineering consulting and R&D services in the mobility segment. As an innovation accelerator for its clients, AKKA supports leading industry players in the automotive, aerospace, rail and life sciences sectors throughout the life cycle of their products with cutting edge digital technologies (AI, ADAS, IoT, Big Data, robotics, embedded computing, machine learning, etc.).
Since our portfolio is growing in the Transport sector, we are looking for a GNC Engineer. Keep on reading for more information and apply today!
You will work on a project of one of our clients in the Aerospace sector. You will work on the client location in Noordwijk and you will support the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality.
You will support to the client section for the development of GNC systems for interplanetary and exploration spacecraft as well as GNC for space transportation systems. This comprises GNC for interplanetary cruise, aero assistance, rendezvous and docking, formation flying, or drag-free systems as well as GNC for ascent and re-entry vehicles.
Functional support, which includes:
- Participation to project reviews (SRR, PDR CDR, …)
- GNC design, analyses and simulations (control loops design and modelling, FDIR, Independent simulator set-up, functional verification and performance budgets)
- GNC SW implementation
- Sensors and actuators selection and procurement support
- AIV/AIT support (test benches, review of test plans and test results)
- Operations support (review of Operations Manual, rehearsal and LEOP)
- Support to in-orbit analysis
- Specific tasks address the multi-disciplinary/physics and high-fidelity End to End vehicle dynamics modelling with implementation in 6DoF simulation environments (Matlab, Simulink, DSpace)
- Mastering of advanced multivariable GNC design and verification approaches for the stability and performance robustness analysis is a prerequisite
- Daily support and independent expert analyses shall be provided to the development of ongoing and future orbiters and space transportation systems
- Specific GNC design tasks shall include detailed dynamics, environment, actuator, and sensor system modelling
- Perform system sizing, requirements capture, architecture conception, advanced GNC design as well as performance and SW validation analyses
- Support to the conception of new highly auto
- Technical Reporting of the GNC Design and Analysis as well as contribute to the preparation and execution of project and technology studies reviews
- Conception, initialization and supervision of corresponding enabling GNC technology R/D:Entry, Descent and Landing, Re-entry, Rendezvous and Docking, Formation Flying, Hybrid Navigation, Health Management including prototyping and tools development
- Advanced Control and Estimation Techniques Research and Development
- Development and utilization of the Control Hardware Laboratory (e.g. navigation techniques prototyping and testing in open and closed loop)
- Maintenance, development, and set-up of GN&C simulation tools
- Participation to the elaboration and promotion of ECSS standards in the E60 domain
Do you have what it takes?
If you recognize yourself in below profile, we look forward to receiving your application:
- You have a Master degree in Aerospace Engineering or related
- You have at least 4 years of relevant work experience with regards to GNC design, analysis, simulations and GNC software implementation
- You have experience working with Matlab, Simulink, DSpace
- You must be familiar with classical as well as modern control and filtering techniques
- You have experience working in a Control Hardware Laboratory
- You are fluent in English
- A permanent contract for an indefinite period
- Flexible working hours (in consultation)
- Working from home (in consultation)
- Commute allowance
- Pension plan (fully paid by AKKA)
- Training and study options
- Growth opportunities (in the Netherlands and International)
- Network/meetup options
- Team dinners, drinks, parties
Are you ready to join AKKA? Apply now by clicking on the apply button! Want to make it more personal? Send your motivation to email@example.com.
Please note we are currently focusing our recruitment on candidates who already live in Europe, because of travel restrictions due to COVID-19.