AKKA is the European leader in engineering consulting and R&D services in the mobility segment. As an innovation accelerator for its clients, AKKA supports leading industry players in the automotive, aerospace, rail and life sciences sectors throughout the life cycle of their products with cutting edge digital technologies (AI, ADAS, IoT, Big Data, robotics, embedded computing, machine learning, etc.).
Who we are
We are a globally operating engineering and technology consulting group at the forefront of the digital and connected world.
AKKA’s passion for technology is embedded deep in its DNA and is guided by a clear vision for the future. For 30 years, we have established ourselves as one of the global leaders in our field through a well-balanced strategy combining organic growth with targeted acquisitions.
With more than 22,000 employees in centres of excellence around the world, AKKA employs a multi-sector approach with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of performance, our employees give their all to help our clients create tomorrow’s innovations. It is our aim for every AKKA employee, from trainee to Expert, to develop in ambition and expertise. We offer dedicated training, mentoring and support to help our employees grow their careers in the direction they want.
Working for a consultancy
The world of consultancy offers an amazing opportunity to not be restricted to just one industry. Your job role and skills will give you the chance to broaden your horizons. You could complete an Aerospace project then move onto a Defence project next or use your knowledge across our Rail division whilst supporting our Pharmaceutical team. Whether it’s leading meetings with our customers outlining solutions for their problems that you and AKKA can solve to discovering new clients and opportunities, we aim to offer a diverse working experience and career that fits around you.
AKKA have an opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer to join our consultancy and work within our Aerospace division. The main purpose of the role is to deliver approved electrical designs and concepts on avionics test benches in line with methods, processes and design principles defined by the customer. The deliverables shall meet time and quality commitments, and also respect pre-agreed budget with the customer.
What you will need
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or similar.
- Experience in Aerospace industry.
- Knowledge in Avionics and/or Aircraft systems.
- Expertise in Aircraft electrical wiring, ideally applied to hydro mechanical equipment and/or avionics test rig.
- Significant experience on specialized design tools such as CATIA
- Desirable experience with Bugzilla
- Proven ability to work as part of a team along with liaising directly with the customer.
- Focused and results oriented.
- Analytical mindset and the ability to problem solve.
- Good time management skills and ability to work well under pressure
Minimum level of experience required
- 3 to 5 years
What you will be doing
- Defining, documenting and maintaining designs of electrical systems and electrical infrastructure, in line with applicable design processes and rules for the different programs.
- Producing electrical schematics and supporting design reviews and change process to ensure maturity is to required standards in a timely manner in line with the requirements.
- Supporting the validation of design requirements and agreement of deviations with stakeholders if and when needed.
- Providing electrical support for troubleshooting/maintenance activities
- Potentially performing minor electrical modifications on the avionics rig
- Facilitating the integration of the electrical systems with the structure and other systems.
- Performing trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions, as well as getting agreement with stakeholders.
- Making work breakdown and effort estimation for the various electrical products, adjusted with other stakeholders.
- Contributing to the capture and development of innovation ideas.