Alba Orbital is the world leader in PocketQube satellites and is one of the UK’s most innovative companies.
Want to invent the future of the Space Industry? You have come to the right place. We fundamentally believe that our PocketQubes can radically transform the ability for small groups to design, build and launch their own spacecraft. We need super ambitious, driven and bright minds to make this a reality.
We are looking to add a Mechatronics/Control Engineer, with emphasis on Attitude Determination and Control System (ADCS) design, to our small, highly driven team. You will be tasked with the design, analysis, development, and verification of the Active Attitude Determination and Control System (ADCS) for the PocketQube platform. This position would best suit an early stage engineer with preferably a Master’s Degree or Ph.D. and ideally some industrial experience.
- Design, test and simulate sensors, actuators, and algorithms
- ADCS hardware performance specification including reaction wheel and torque rod sizing, sensor noise and performance characteristics, redundancy and fault management
- Implementing closed-loop pointing algorithms
- Perform simulations in the context of dynamics, orbits, constellations, and subsystems
- Design and test satellite control algorithm performance using Octave
- Experience in the development and design of complex electro-mechanical systems
- Writing software in C, C++
- Ability to identify the strength and weakness of the system or subsystem and recommend an alternative solution
- Ability to work independently with minimal support.
- Technical report writing to a high standard including interface documentation, manufacturing instructions, test reports, and user manuals.
- Ability to work well in a team and also independently with little support.
- EU or Schengen area Citizenship