Democratizing Access to Space
Alba Orbital is a fast growing company based in Glasgow which specialises in building and sending the smallest (PocketQube) satellites in the world to space. We have a proven track record and have launched six satellites into orbit to date gaining “Space Heritage” and have several launches scheduled for this year. With a growing list of clients and launching in space with companies like SpaceX we encourage our staff to participate in the expansion of the company.
Due to the continued growth pattern we require an individual to be responsible for managing the licencing and spectral coordination of both our satellites and ground station services. Additionally this role will include handling the administration and logistics needed to ensure that hardware can be exported correctly and delivered on time.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Frequency filing – File for the correct spectrum licences for satellite communication services.
- Communicate with the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and other national administrators to ensure there is no interference with other satellite networks or services on the ground.
- Plan and manage the application and delivery of multiple spectral licenses to enable the deployment and maintenance of satellite constellations and the expansion of ground station services.
Export control compliance
- Process the Import and Export of satellites and associated launch hardware in compliance with current control laws.
- Communicate with shipping agents to ensure the correct paperwork is submitted for customs clearance.
- Liaising with customers to support their needs.
- Work closely with the Launch team to ensure hardware is delivered on time.
- Previous experience with spectral network licencing or export control regulation is desirable, however relevant training will be provided for the successful candidate.
- Previous logistics experience is desirable.
- Some previous knowledge of generating RF link budgets is desirable.
- Familiarity with ITU reporting software is desirable, but not essential.
- Proficient in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Good communication skills.
- A good knowledge of written and spoken English is required.
A “can do” attitude and attention to detail is essential as this is a small company and therefore flexibility is required.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.