Alén Space is a New Space company focused on the development of missions based on Nanosatellites as well as products and services related to them. Our mission is to help our clients to develop their business plan designing, manufacturing and operating satellites in order to execute the application they need.
While Alén Space is a new company, our team has been involved in several complete nanosatellite missions, from specification to delivery, during the last 13 years. Alén Space technical team is composed of systems engineers, electronic engineers, AIV engineers, software and operations engineers and project managers; with a large experience on IOD, communication, commercial and scientific missions, with private and public institutions such as the European Space Agency.
Alén Space’s value proposition resides in the flexibility and expertise of our team. We utilize our design and testing methodologies, which allow the use of components from various suppliers, to create the most suitable platform for the requested mission. During more than a decade, all our nanosatellites missions have been fully designed in-house, following the same multi-provider approach, resulting on a 100% success rate in orbit, for all launched missions.
At Alén Space, quality and flexibility in the design, manufacturing and testing are hallmarks of the company. The quality of the process is achieved through meticulous testing and verification processes, keeping traceability of all the executed activities. The flexibility is achieved thanks to the proximity relationship with our clients and to our supplier agnostic approach. This relationship aims not only at easing the communication process, but also at allowing our commercial clients to take an important role on the design aspects. In this line, we design the most flexible spacecraft platforms, to accommodate subsystem suppliers’ changes without heavily impacting the overall mission. Our systems and AIV engineers work closely with the client, in order to take decisions and involve them in the process.
Our team has enhanced a work method that applies the strict quality standards set by the European Space Agency (ESA) and the European Cooperation for Space Standardization (ECSS). All of our management, system engineering and AIV processes are based on those standards.
Quality, Flexibility, Scalability, Proximity, Expertise and Success define all Alén Space values.
Do you want to orbit with us?
We offer the opportunity to join a challenging space project together with a self-motivated team with great experience in the design and manufacturing of small satellites!
The candidate will work in different nanosatellite missions within the AIV team of the company. This area is responsible for carrying out all the tasks related to the verification of the compliance with the requirements of the spacecrafts as well as its integration and final verification, including all needed tests. She or he will plan and coordinate activities to be executed by other members of the AIV team and be also involved in the evolution of the nanosatellite predefined platforms of Alén Space.
Position Tasks and Responsibilities
The following tasks will be assigned to the candidate:
- Definition of the verification plan since the starting phase of each mission.
- Coordination of the elaboration of AIV procedures and specification of AIV tools and Ground Support Equipment (GSE).
- Coordination and tracking of the manufacturing and validation activities.
- Leading environmental test (thermal-vacuum, vibration, etc.) and launch campaigns.
- Support to Product Assurance (non conformance management).
Candidate qualifications and skills
The candidate must have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in engineering or other technical degrees.
The required experience and skills are:
- More than 5 years of experience in AIV positions.
- Knowledge of ECSS standards.
- Experience in working in clean room and EPA (Electrostatic Protection Area) environments.
- Experience participating in environmental campaigns.
- The applicant must be fluent in English.
It will be also desirable the following qualifications and skills:
- Previous experience in Nanosatellite projects.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing approaches.
- Experience working with complex subsystems such as ADCS and propulsion.
- Experience in using tools and equipment for spacecraft components integration (GSE equipment).
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of TVC or vibration facilities.
The applicant must have good communication skills and must be able to work autonomously in an effective manner; while cooperating in a potentially international and culturally diverse team.
Moreover, the applicant must have good analytical, organizational and reporting skills; together with a proactive attitude to solve problems individually and an interest in technology development.
Notice: The applicant must be eligible to work and live in the EU.
We offer a full time term contract
- Location: Vigo area (Spain)
- Starting date: Immediate
If you are a proactive person and want to commit yourself to a present and future project, we hope to receive your CV.