The future of transportation is already here.
Alstom, with recorded sales of 7.3 billion in the 2016/17 fiscal year, is the world leader in integrated transport systems and continues to push the boundaries of innovation & digital solutions for transportation systems and e-mobility. We are at the forefront of providing sustainable modes of transport with the largest range of rail solutions in the market. Headquartered in France, we are present in over 60 countries and today employ 32,800 people worldwide.
For more information, please visit: http://www.alstom.com/
Project RAM & Safety Assurance Manager (PSAM):
- Manage the RAMS activities and related deliverables in accordance with QCD commitments on the Project(s)/Program(s)/Tender(s) he/she is appointed to.
- Define safety requirements allowing to reach an acceptable level of risks as per the Alstom Transport Safety policy on the Project(s), Program(s) and/or Tender(s).
- Support the Alstom Transport Project(s)/Tender(s) performance by defining RAM requirements allowing to enhance their capability to meet the expected RAM targets.
- Coordinate the different Railway Safety and RAM stakeholders working on the Project(s)/Program(s)/Tender(s) for the relevant scope when applicable.
- Apply the applicable Alstom Transport Railway Safety processes & instructions.
Network & Links:
- Engineering Design team, T&C team.
- Project/Tender: Project Engineering Manager (PrEM), Project Manager (or Sub-System Manager), Bid Manager, PrQSM, RAMS stakeholders (TIS, RSC, System, Infra) (according to his/her scope)
- External Interface : External Suppliers/Subcontractors, External Partners (CW, O&M, etc…), Customers, Independent parties (ISA, NoBo, DeBo), Safety Authorities
- Respect of QCD commitments
- On Time Delivery
- Safety Design Reviews performed on time and documented.
- Regularity and understandable of reporting on the status of RAM and Safety activities on the project, program and tender
- Anticipation of identification of potential issue on the RAM and Safety scope
- Compliance to Alstom Transport Railway Safety processes & instructions
- Positive involvement in the project, program, tender team
Responsibilities / Accountable for :
- Planning and piloting the RAMS activities and the related deliverables on the project(s)/program(s)/tender(s) he/she is appointed to as per the applicable RAM and Safety instructions/processes and other specific requirements committed to the Customer and to the applicable standards & regulations.
- Performing the project(s)/program(s)/tender(s) RAMS activities compliant with the QCD commitments.
- Ensuring the quality of the RAMS deliverables foster their acceptance by the Customer, Independent parties and Safety Authorities within the limits of Alstom Transport commitments.
- Convincing customers / national safety authority / partners / consultants / safety assessors of the Alstom approach and methodology for RAM and safety management & demonstration.
- Reporting on the progress of the project/program/tender RAMS activities and alert the PM/Bid Manager and/or the Safety Assurance Manager in case of issue potentially impacting the achievement of the QCD commitments.
- Anticipating and alert on the potential blocking issues with regard to the expectations of the milestones (e.g. Gate Review, Safety Authorisation, …) and be pro-active in the definition/implementation/follow-up of the related resolution plan.
Responsible for :
- Defining and transfer in a timely manner the necessary safety requirements to put under control the relevant railway safety risks and follow them until closure in the Hazard Management Tool (Hazard Log, checklist, …).
- Supporting the other stakeholders (design, industrial, sourcing, validation etc..) in the definition of appropriate measures to meet the RAMS actions and to follow their closure through appropriate documented evidence.
- Being the point of contact for RAMS matters on the project/program/tender for the corresponding scope (System / Infrastructure) in particular to the Customer.
- Consolidating the RAMS contribution from the RAMS stakeholders
- Supporting the PrQSM in the performance of Safety Design Review and the issuance of Safety Authorizations by providing the necessary inputs.
- Taking the role of Safety Leader (K1 8D) for which he/she is appointed to, in order to support the team in the assessment, containment, closure and Return of Experience of the issue as per RSA-WMS-002.
- Managing the RAMS Engineer(s), when applicable, to meet the QCD commitment
- Coordinating the RAM/Safety contributors from different entities for System RAM and Safety Manager.
- Applying the Alstom Transport Railway Safety processes & instructions on the project(s)/program(s)/tender(s) he/she is appointed to.
- Having a pro-active approach on the design assessment to support in the adequate definition of technical solutions to put under control the railway safety risks.
- Having a pro-active challenging view on the overall RAM results from the contributors to enhance the adequacy/consistency of the RAM studies and requirements.
- Seeking for the technical understanding of her/his scope in order to better assess their RAMS performance and potential areas of improvement.
- Participating to the improvement/definition of the RAM and Safety processes.
Knowledge & Experience
- Advanced University Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Technical experience:
Minimum 3 years of successful experience as a RAM/Safety Management within different industries (Aerospace, Defence, Space, Military, Nuclear, Chemical) including railways.
Electrical and/or Electro-mechanical Engineering preferably applied to Railway products with 2 to 3 years of experience.
- Good Communications and interpersonal skills including with third parties (customer).
- Time management and reporting skill.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Sense of priorities
- Structured and organised with hands-on approach
- Customer & Project Focus.
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in a specific language (Spanish, Portuguese, French, …)
- System, electronic, …
Alstom is committed to create a diverse & international working environment, that reflects the future of our industry, our clients and end-users. As an employee, you will have a unique opportunity to continue to build your career and directly contribute to the expanding growth of the global transport industry