A promoter of sustainable mobility, Alstom designs and offers systems, equipment and services for the transport sector. Alstom offers a full range of solutions (from high-speed trains to metros, trams and e-buses), personalized services (maintenance, modernization, etc.) as well as offers dedicated to passengers, infrastructure solutions, digital mobility and signaling. Alstom is positioned as the world leader in integrated transport systems. In 2018/19, the company achieved a turnover of 8.1 billion euros and recorded orders of 12.1 billion euros.
Alstom, headquartered in France, is present in more than 60 countries and currently employs 36,300 people. Its 8,500 employees in France have the know-how to serve French and international customers. A job at Alstom generates around three at its suppliers.
As part of the development of our activities in the area of Railway Signaling, we are looking for a:
As a Product Designer, you participate in the development of our electronic systems. Within the Onboard Telecoms team you will work in an international environment, in collaboration with our different teams as well as a rich panel of suppliers.
Under the guidance of a product Architect, the product designer deals with his technical subjects associated with their cost and deadline constraints.
- Responsible for formalizing the customer’s needs and requirements in conjunction with the product Architect
- Elaborates the specifications in the different operating modes, describes the functions and their associated performances, describes the interfaces and their characteristics
- Ensures traceability of requirements
- Ensures the technical interface with the other professions of the project team (System, Software, Validation, Cybersecurity, RAM)
- Ensures the functional management of technical engineers collaborators (coordination with different Software, Hardware, Validation, etc. businesses)
- Provides technical monitoring and acceptance of development by suppliers
- Provide the preferred technical interface for our customers
- Specifies the maintainability, availability and reliability performance of the assembly
- Specifies the performance and functional limits of the assembly
- Proposes technical solutions during the offer phase and technical monitoring during the project phase
- Defines the objectives to be achieved by the validation team (performance, functional, etc.)
- Participate in integration tests in the laboratory or on site
(M / F) graduate of a Bac + 5 training in computer science / electronics such as Engineering School or university equivalent, you have acquired significant experience of at least 5 years in the specification of telecommunications systems.
You have significant experience in cybersecurity as well as in the use / development of various network hardware (router / switch). Ideally, a knowledge of embedded developments with real-time constraints would be a real plus.
You have a good capacity for synthesis, adaptability, you know how to work in a team, especially in multicultural and multidisciplinary environments. You have a sense of responsibility, with a concern for transparency and with clear communication.
You are fluent in English.
Joining Alstom will allow you to develop your career in a diverse and international work environment. You will contribute to the success of a key global player that positions itself at the forefront of innovation and sustainable modes of transport for its customers and travelers.
Our corporate culture is based on innovation, diversity, entrepreneurship, social responsibility and ethics. We share common values: team spirit, confidence and a sense of action. The development prospects that Alstom offers in France and abroad will give you the opportunity to be an actor in your professional career and to contribute directly to the development of sustainable mobility around the world.
Alstom is committed to the diversity and employment of people with disabilities.
If you want to join an innovative company committed to the development of its employees, join us.