Altitude Angel is an aviation technology company which creates global-scale solutions to enable the safe integration and use of fully autonomous drones into global airspace. Our purpose-built cloud platform supports both U-Space and UTM, and delivers market-leading services to drone operators, manufacturers and software developers. Our innovative solutions for ATM enable them to access a rich source of real-time airspace, environmental and regulatory data which is expertly customised to the specific operation.
Look up and you probably don’t see much. Maybe a plane, the occasional helicopter and, of course, the odd bird. Not for long…
We at Altitude Angel envisage a future where drones are set to revolutionise the lives of everyone on the planet, so we’re building the platforms to ensure drones can fly safely alongside other, more traditional, forms of aviation.
Since 2014 we’ve been steadily growing our team beyond our Reading HQ, whilst expanding our network into Europe, attracting some of the finest minds and top talent from the worlds of aviation, software engineering and product development.
Our platform is now used in 152 countries across the globe enabling over 50,000 safe drone flights every month, including everything from transport of life saving medication in sub-Saharan Africa to coffee and burger delivery in the Republic of Ireland.
With drones becoming more and more prevalent, we’re looking for individuals who are eager to help us build and deliver the solutions which have the potential to change the world.
If you want to join us and be at the forefront of the aerial revolution, apply today.
About the role:
Widely regarded as a technical leader in our field, our national foundation technologies are deployed internationally by governments, civil aviation authorities and air navigation providers to meet the needs of an emerging industry.
Our mobile apps play an important role in providing operators in the field with the tools to intuitively understand when and where it is safe to operate. They translate complex airspace shapes, rules and regulations into a digestible model, providing the tooling to request and obtain access to regulated airspace and/or private land. They inform the operator about potential and actual conflicting traffic and interacting with airspace management systems and authorities – whether a human or machine interface.
As an iOS Developer, your primary focus will be to implement new user interfaces and features together with automated unit and integration tests. You will be working with our Product and Engineering teams, where your knowledge and advice about application architecture and the newest mobile technologies will be invaluable.
- You will work closely with our Product team to define upcoming features and development on the GuardianUTM mobile apps whilst collaborating with UX and UI to design interfaces to improve user experience.
- You will integrate with existing APIs and specific new ones to support mobile functionality.
- You will support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support) whilst also ensuring our applications meet quality standards and strive to constantly innovate app functionality and design.
- You are passionate about remaining up to date with concepts and best practices for coding mobile apps.
- You have excellent interpersonal, communication and team working skills.
- You are a clear, well organised logical thinker with the ability to respond to dynamic situations when under pressure, applying the same clear, logical thinking.
- You are a natural team player and proactive multi-tasker with excellent organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Swift | Objective-C and XCode – endeavouring to always track the latest toolchain.
- Demonstrable portfolio of released apps on the Apple store.
- Experience with RESTful APIs, third-party libraries, and mobile libraries for networking.
- Proficiency with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Experience with profiling and debugging mobile applications.
- Knowledgeable of cross platform cloud based PNS solutions.
- Scrum or Kanban experience, with an understanding of Agile or Lean principles.
At Altitude Angel we’re dedicated to creating a positive working environment which empowers our employees to the be the best version of themselves. Through personalised Career Development Plans and generous home/work life-balance considerations, we support our team to work in the best way for them.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- £3,000 employee referral scheme
- Quarterly team socials