Software that understands the satellite industry!
Amphinicy Technologies is starting an exciting, ESA-funded, project to develop a fully virtualized satellite communication as a service solution. It shall remotely provision a secure, ad-hoc, ground station modem in a virtual cloud-based environment – enabling satellite operators to define, test, and operate their mission communications flexibly, efficiently, and cost-effectively.
We are looking for a DSP software engineer with practical experience and passion in signal processing, to lead the development of a cross-platform, fully software-based modem. You will follow an extensive on-site training that will introduce you to the necessary domain knowledge. Your responsibility will be to lead the design, implementation, and validation of DSP functions, troubleshoot integration at systems level, execution speed optimization, support testing and demonstration, as well as onboard new colleagues on this project. You will be an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team of experienced, friendly, and talented colleagues, who are passionate about virtualizing satellite communications and support each other perfectly. You will have the chance to innovate and build from scratch and take a leading role in shaping the space communications of the future.
What are the requirements …
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical degree
- At least 5 years of experience in software development, with at least 3 years in C/C++.
- Strong experience with DSP and digital communication theory and implementation, including modulation, synchronization, error correction, etc.
- Experience with software-defined radios (SDR).
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written). Knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills, and an ability to collaborate with other engineering disciplines in cross-functional, technical teams.
- Thinking out‐of‐the-box, enjoying solving problems, and adapting quickly to new technical areas with a can-do approach.
- Flexibility to forge ahead and lead peers efficiently and smoothly to project objectives. You take ownership and accountability for your actions and mistakes.
… and the domain you would work in
- Satellite communications systems (e.g., MODCOD, link budget, impairments) and protocols (e.g., DVB-S2(X), CCSDS)
- Software virtualization and orchestration of API-based services
- Signal processing software development: OpenCL, CUDA, Python, MATLAB (RF tools and coders), Simulink, GNU Radio
What we offer
- An attractive salary and relocation package.
- A comprehensive training plan, starting with onboarding, which caters to your development needs and helps you achieve your career goals.
- A supportive environment where people come first.
- Flexible and remote working options.
- An opportunity to work in a challenging fast-paced environment with the latest technologies which affect the lives of billions of people around the globe.
- Work-life balance which includes an exciting lifestyle in the heart of Europe, in the multicultural city of Luxembourg.
Who we are
For over 20 years, Amphinicy Technologies has been providing advanced software solutions and support for the satellite industry, among others ESA and EU flagship projects. We focus on the domains of ground segment virtualization, secure communications, and software verification and validation.
Amphinicy strongly believes in the virtualization of the Ground Segment as market disruptor and is leading the migration of heavy hardware-based solutions into the software domain. We are successfully implementing DSP (Digital Signal Processing) and data link layer processing solutions in the cloud. Our first achievement – Blink – is by far the fastest virtual EO data acquisition modem in the world and is already available in the AWS marketplace.
Luxembourg is situated at the crossroads of Europe, between Germany, Belgium, and France. Despite its small size it sports a powerful economy with several well paid and diverse job opportunities, and with long-term career prospects. World-class infrastructure, one of the best healthcare systems in Europe and a vibrant and multicultural nightlife complete the puzzle of one of the best countries to live and work in.
Do you recognize yourself and accept our challenge? Then send your CV