Analytical Space, Inc. is a venture-backed startup developing a network of small satellites that use a combination of RF and laser communication to provide global data relay services. The network will connect remote sensing satellites when they would otherwise be idle, such as over the ocean, enabling greater data throughput and lower latency.
The company is based out of MIT’s “The Engine,” a home for Tough Tech founders building the next generation of world-changing companies in Cambridge. We are recruiting people with cutting-edge minds that thrive in a fast-paced startup environment to work with us to deploy a constellation of satellites that enables a real-time view of our planet.
- Design and analyze low-thrust collision avoidance, formation flying, and deployment trajectories for cubesat missions.
- Develop autonomous maneuver design algorithms for collision avoidance, formation flying, and deployment maneuvers.
- Develop orbit estimation and propagation algorithms for anomaly detection and maneuver safety.
- Coordinate with systems engineers, spacecraft teams, and third parties to ensure effective spacecraft operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering or related discipline.
- Strong understanding of orbital mechanics, orbit estimation, and modeling and simulation.
- Software development experience in Python, C++ and MATLAB.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoys collaborating and working in a multidisciplinary team environment.
Desired, but not Required
- At least 1 year of satellite flight operations experience.
- Experience designing and optimizing low thrust trajectories.
- Familiarity with spacecraft subsystems (power, communications, structures, thermal, propulsion, etc).
- Self-motivated to independently find and solve complex problems.