Analytical Space, Inc. is a venture-backed startup developing a network of small satellites that use a combination of RF and laser communication to provide global data relay services. The network will connect remote sensing satellites when they would otherwise be idle, such as over the ocean, enabling greater data throughput and lower email@example.com
The company is based out of MIT’s “The Engine,” a home for Tough Tech founders building the next generation of world-changing companies in Cambridge. We are recruiting people with cutting-edge minds that thrive in a fast-paced startup environment to create the next satellite with us!
The Software Engineer will be part of an initially small and nimble team to develop the architecture used to operate and manage our network of satellites including tracking, telemetry, and control, and mission data management. You will be in charge of designing and implementing mission critical backend services and database management software that operates on an independent Analytical Space network and securely integrates with third party services and cloud architectures. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in all aspects of backend and software development and can work highly independently when required.
- Work with the spacecraft design and business development teams to understand end-user and mission requirements, formulate use cases, and execute efficiently on technical solutions
- Build robust and scalable software in C++ and Python, with willingness to learn new languages
- Develop and maintain backend microservices for Analytical Space internal systems
- Create custom APIs to integrate Analytical Space services with 3rd party services
- Create RPC APIs for internal usage
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field and 5+ years of experience; or master’s degree and 2+ years of experience
- Experience with Python, C++, and using microservice architectures
- Familiarity with databases (SQL and/or NoSQL) and associated tools
- Strong OOP skill and knowledge of all aspects of the software development lifecycle including design, implementation, QA, and maintenance
- Well-versed and committed to version control, i.e. Git
Desired, but not Required
- Knowledge of cloud architecture knowledge (e.g. AWS)
- Experience with additional DevOps tools (e.g. Docker, Jenkins)