MOVING DATA FROM IMAGING SATELLITES IN SPACE BACK TO THE GROUND
Analytical Space, Inc. is a venture-backed startup developing a network of small satellites that use a combination of RF and laser communication to provide global data relay services. The network will connect remote sensing satellites when they would otherwise be idle, such as over the ocean, enabling greater data throughput and lower latency.
The company is based out of MIT’s “The Engine,” a home for Tough Tech founders building the next generation of world-changing companies in Cambridge. We are recruiting people with cutting-edge minds that thrive in a fast-paced startup environment to work with us to deploy a constellation of satellites that enables a real-time view of our planet.
We are looking for an electrical engineer who will help us advance our optical communications system development. You will work with a multidisciplinary team to help bring our collective vision of a space data relay network to life!
On a daily basis, you’ll carry out various engineering tasks such as: performing calculations to ensure our electronics systems meet the strict survival requirements for space missions; board design, assembly, and testing; and technical presentations to leadership and customers. You will work with our communications and software engineering teams to field transformational optical communications (laser comm) technology on our upcoming missions. You’ll also research on manufacturing processes and analyze data and trends to create new products.
Ultimately, you will directly impact Analytical Space by helping us grow and improve our company’s products and processes and contribute to our continued growth and success.
- Design and build electrical systems to support, command and power a high-speed optical communications system.
- PCB layout and design, including component selection and sourcing, and mechanical integration
- Prototyping, assembly and testing of circuit boards for rapid development efforts
- Create thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, and calculations
- Conduct design, verification, and test reviews
- Continuous improvement of job-related engineering, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of experience; Master’s degree plus 3 years of experience; or PhD in Electrical Engineering or a relevant field
- In-depth knowledge and design experience of power electronics, low noise analog, actuator and motor drivers, high-speed digital electronics
- Proficiency in schematic capture, PCB layout, and circuit simulation using ECAD tools such as Altium and Spice-based software.
- Product and design life cycle experience from conceptualization to prototyping, manufacturing, testing and deployment
- Self-driven with strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience with designs for harsh environments (i.e. industrial, aerospace, space)
- Experience with photonics, opto-electronics, and general knowledge of optical systems
- Experience with C, C++, Python, Matlab
- Experience designing and modeling control systems