MOVING DATA FROM IMAGING SATELLITES IN SPACE BACK TO THE GROUND
Analytical Space, Inc. is a venture-backed startup developing a network of small satellites that use a combination of RF and laser communication to provide global data relay services. The network will connect remote sensing satellites when they would otherwise be idle, such as over the ocean, enabling greater data throughput and lower latency.
The company is based out of MIT’s “The Engine,” a home for Tough Tech founders building the next generation of world-changing companies in Cambridge. We are recruiting people with cutting-edge minds that thrive in a fast-paced startup environment to work with us to deploy a constellation of satellites that enables a real-time view of our planet.
You will join a collaborative, innovative team developing space-based optical communications solutions for multiple projects and programs. You’ll be responsible for requirements management, system trade studies, interface definition, and systems integration. It is expected that you will have an ability and desire to learn, grow, and discover continuously.
- Work in a small team environment closely with hardware, software, mechanical, and systems engineers to develop optimal solutions to complex problems.
- Manage system requirements to ensure proper flow-down, traceability, and verification.
- Perform system trade studies to balance risk, cost, and performance.
- Supporting assembly, integration, and test activities including generation of build procedures and test plans/procedures.
- Lead concept of operations development and mission operations procedures.
- Participate in team discussions involving design for future projects.
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced solution for space systems.
- BS or MS in engineering field with focus on Aerospace or other engineering discipline with 8+ years work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of directly relevant aerospace industry experience, preferably with optical communications via satellites.
- Highly motivated, self-starting, enthusiastic, and able to perform duties autonomously.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Systems Engineering process including requirements analysis and flow-down.
- Provides systems engineering leadership to an early development team with strong communication skills.
- Familiarity with spacecraft subsystems functions and interfaces.
- Demonstrated experience with design verification and validation processes.
- Demonstrated experience with configuration management.
- Small satellite or CubeSat experience desirable.
- Familiarity with satellite in-orbit operations.