MOVING DATA FROM IMAGING SATELLITES IN SPACE BACK TO THE GROUND
Analytical Space, Inc. is a venture-backed startup developing a network of small satellites that use a combination of RF and laser communication to provide global data relay services. The network will connect remote sensing satellites when they would otherwise be idle, such as over the ocean, enabling greater data throughput and lower latency.
The company is based out of MIT’s “The Engine,” a home for Tough Tech founders building the next generation of world-changing companies in Cambridge. We are recruiting people with cutting-edge minds that thrive in a fast-paced startup environment to work with us to deploy a constellation of satellites that enables a real-time view of our planet.
– VP of Research and Development –
Analytical Space is looking for an experienced VP of Research and Development to grow and manage a diverse and dynamic R&D team. The responsibilities of the VP of will include building, leading, and managing a team of optical, RF, and electrical engineers, collaborating with executive and senior management, and helping establish our development roadmaps.
To be successful as a VP of Research and Development, you should have prior organizational leadership experience, be comfortable setting and driving toward audacious goals, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. A quality candidate should demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and have a demonstrated foundation in executing strategic development projects on a five-year planning horizon and two-year execution horizon.
- Build and lead a dedicated and efficient team, providing mentorship and opportunities for growth and development to ensure company vision execution
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure that spacecraft and network standards are met and consistent
- Develop and execute strategic engineering roadmap objectives
- Work closely with product teams and program managers to negotiate scope and timelines for customer-facing and internal development programs
- Work closely with the business development team to provide technical evaluation of feasibility for bid processes
- Evaluate and recommend supporting and partner technologies to improve capabilities
- Evaluate and scale internal processes to enable greater efficiency (at each stage of company growth)
- Interface with the financing functions of the company to prepare and optimize budgets
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in aerospace related engineering discipline or equivalent
- At least 10 years of experience in satellite industry or a closely related industry, such as launch vehicles or commercial ground station providers
- Experience hiring and implementing organizational strategies to develop quality teams
- Must be knowledgeable about space industry trends, best practices, and space program management
- Experience leading a team of engineers in meeting critical goals and deadlines
- Highly effective and professional verbal and written communication skills with team and internal/external customers
- Excellent customer relations skills at all levels
- Proven history of dedication to mission assurance and technical quality
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
- (Optional) Experience recruiting, leading, managing and growing geographically-dispersed and work-from-anywhere teams