QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
Based in either Malvern, Farnborough or London we are looking for a security-cleared professional to work in a leadership role for an established team. The team has a number of projects going on at any time in the areas of Big Data, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing for Security, Defence and Commercial customers, and includes software engineers, systems engineers and Human Science practitioners as well as Data Science specialists. The team has the goal of maintaining and developing a leading-edge Data Analytics capability to support projects across the whole company. Experience working in a customer-facing role is required, as the role will require some time working on customer sites. Also required is the ability to technically lead bids and projects, communicate openly, think creatively, collaborate, and influence a range of stakeholders.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
- Technical Leadership of bids and projects
- Leadership within an area of QinetiQ’s business (an Integrated Delivery Team (IDT)) representing an enduring capability in Data Analytics
- Technical Sales – supporting the Business Development team to discuss possible solutions with customers
- Governance, review of customer deliverables
- Support formulation of strategy for Data Analytics within QinetiQ
- Accountable to the QinetiQ Project Manager(s) and customer(s) for producing high quality technical output that:
- Satisfies the customer requirements
- Is consistent with QinetiQ strategy in Data Analytics
- Accountable to the BD team for high-quality and timely material supporting the winning of new business with customers
- Accountable to the IDT Leader as part of their leadership team for maintaining and developing a growing team in Data Analytics, which covers members from other QinetiQ disciplines such as Software Engineering, Systems Engineering and Human Sciences.
- Accountable to the Technical Excellence function in QinetiQ for the quality of customer deliverables.
- Accountable for a contribution to the wider QinetiQ strategy in Analytics, Military Intelligence and AI.
- Influencing customers in a high-paced, leading-edge technology environment
- Influencing QinetiQ business leaders tsupport new areas of capability development
- Keeping up with state of the art in a broad and high profile technical area
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Qualified tat least University Honours Degree or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Good track record of technical leadership of Data Analytics projects.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in many aspects of the engineering, analysis and architecture of Big Data systems.
- Hands-on experience in at least one of the following:
- Big Data engineering
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Computer Vision
- Experience in leading Agile teams.
- Familiarity with a DevOps environment
- More general systems engineering design and implementation processes
- Enthusiastic and willing twork flexibly tbe part of a high-performing team.
- Proven experience of working in a consultancy role, focused on customer needs and requirements or equivalent engineering role with customer/stakeholder exposure and influence.
- Experience across the full product development lifecycle from requirements tuser testing.
- Excellent verbal and written technical communications skills.
This role will require the holder thold a SC security clearance, and ideally a DV. If not held already, the holder will need to apply for a DV level of clearance, for which you will normally have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years, regardless of nationality. Full time/Part time or flexible working arrangements will be considered for the right candidate.