Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The successful candidate will join the Research and Development team that creates state of the art software for electromagnetic crosstalk analysis.
With increasing frequencies, tighter design margins, denser integrated circuits (e.g. 3-D IC structures, stacked die architectures, etc.), and new devices and materials, the necessity of full electromagnetic (EM) interference analysis is becoming a fundamental need for the industry. The engineer will join the R&D team based in Athens, that is developing ANSYS simulation and modeling tools offering the sign-off accuracy and performance needed to ensure optimal design, noise integrity and reliability of even the most complex ICs, taking into account electromagnetic crosstalk.
- Work with manager and colleagues to define and implement new capabilities. Once projects are defined, the engineer should be able to deliver medium sized projects with minimal input from others.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the physics, the modeling algorithms and the design flow.
- Participate in the development of novel algorithms to solve complex mathematics/physics problems. Create proof-of-concept prototypes to verify algorithms.
- Communicate clearly and work closely with manager and technical leads to refine solutions and to describe changes that may affect others.
- Deliver state-of-the art specification documents that meet requirements on schedule. Ensure that specs are efficient, maintainable, extensible, robust and easy to understand.
- Perform application and system-level tests to thoroughly validate new features or changes.
- Be a source of expertise for others in the project team.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related field, with five years experience or MS with three years experience in the above fields.
- Solid knowledge of Electromagnetics theory and relevant Physics.
- Strong background in Mathematics.
- Understanding of electronic designs on silicon (analog, RF, digital).
- Ability to learn quickly, understand complex systems and to work closely with others
- Ability to complete high-quality work on time
- PhD in Computational Electromagnetics, IC Design, Quantum Physics or related field.
- Demonstrated skills in the following areas are a plus:
- Deep knowledge of Computational Electromagnetics and relevant methods.
- Quantum mechanics and relevant Physics
- Parasitic extraction for advanced semiconductor nodes.
- IC design and simulation.
- Experience with programming or scripting languages (C++/Python/Matlab).
- Experience with IC on-wafer measurements.
- Working knowledge of the Linux operating system.
- Ability for minimal travel.
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.